Your schedule at-a-glance. Even though Fantastical 2 is great on the iPhone, it really shines on the iPad, where it makes full use of the screen space. On the iPad version, users are greeted with a clean dashboard view that shows off both the month view as well as the Day Ticker, with a full agenda list to the side. If you pull the screen down, you gain access to the week view effortlessly, without having to rotate your device. In addition to the light and dark modes that the app includes, it's never been such a pleasure to deal with your hectic schedule.
Easy to create new events and reminders. Fantastical 2 on iPad also integrates with your tasks in Reminders, so you have everything in one place. Plus, with the ability to create new events or reminders with natural language input or even dictation, it takes pretty much no effort on your part to quickly add something. No more having to reach all across your iPad Pro's giant screen to input each little detail about your next business meeting or doctor's appointment.
What is it about?
Fantastical 2 for iPad is the big brother of the popular iPhone app. In the iPad version, users get to make full use of their larger screen estate with the Dashboard view, which combines the Day Ticker, month, and agenda list into one screen. This means that no matter what you're looking at, you get a full view of your upcoming schedule, which includes both events and tasks from the Reminders app. If you prefer a weekly view, then no problem — just pull the screen down and you'll get it, rather than having to rotate your entire device. On top of that, Fantastical 2 for iPad works in either portrait or landscape mode, so you don't have to choose, and there is full search so you can find the events you're looking for. No matter how busy your life gets, managing everything is a bit easier when you have Fantastical on your iPad.
For those who...
- Need a powerful calendaring app for their iPad
- Love a gorgeous and intuitive interface design
- Prefer natural language input for event and reminder creation
Not for those who...
- Don't care about how pretty an app looks
- Don't need natural language input
- Don't keep a digital calendar and don't intend to use one
Why we love it
Fantastical 2 is one of our favorite calendar apps on the iPhone, and we love the iPad version just as much. It provides much more room for managing our hectic schedules, and the new Dashboard view is a great way to get all of the information we need in one glance. If you are in search of a serious calendaring solution, then Fantastical 2 for iPad is your app.
App Store Description
Fantastical 2 is the award-winning calendar app with features such as natural language parsing, reminders, a beautiful week view, and much more! With the convenient Fantastical Dashboard, you’ll add, view, and interact with your events and reminders with ease.
"For those who just want to get in, get out, and get stuff done, I strongly recommend Fantastical 2 for iPad." - iMore
"Fantastical works better than Apple’s Calendar and Reminders apps..." - MacStories
"...Fantastical is an app I can recommend to anyone who wants to leverage their iPad as a better calendar." - 9to5Mac
"All the beauty of Fantastical, but now for the iPad. I use it for the Mac and iOS—I [...] love it." - Jim Dalrymple (The Loop)
"... Fantastical 2 for iPad ... refuses to abide by conventional notions of how a calendar should look." - The Verge
Just enter "Lunch with Elon in Palo Alto on Friday" and Fantastical 2 will schedule it! Or type in "todo buy milk at 5pm" and a reminder will alert you at 5PM! With dictation, you can even speak the details for your event or reminder and Fantastical 2 will take care of it.
ONE APP, MANY FEATURES
• The Fantastical Dashboard
- Multiple views let you view your events and reminders just the way you want
- DayTicker, week view, or full-screen week view present your events and reminders with clarity
- Customize your Fantastical Dashboard with a simple gesture
- See your events and dated reminders together in the main list
- Add reminders directly from the Reminders list or new event screen - just flip the switch to toggle between events and reminders
- Set dates, times, and geofences (when I arrive/when I leave)
• Powerful parser features, including:
- Create reminders by starting your sentence with "reminder", "todo", "task", or "remind me to"
- Expanded, expressive repeating events such as third Thursday of every month, every weekend, last weekday of the month, and more
- Create alerts with phrases such as "remind me tomorrow at 3PM", "alert 1 hour before", or "alarm 3PM"
• Informational event details, including a map to show your event’s locations and flexible repeating options
• Background app updating allows events, reminders, and alerts to be pushed to Fantastical 2 even if you don't launch the app very often
• An extended keyboard when creating new events or reminders, providing instant access to numbers and symbols for dates and times
• Birthday options - tap on a birthday to see contact information or send a quick greeting
• TextExpander support
ADDING NEW EVENTS OR REMINDERS IS FUN
• The easiest and fastest way to add new events or reminders
• Just type in your details or use dictation and watch your words magically turn into an actual event or reminder!
THE FUTURE LOOKS BRIGHT
• Tap an event or reminder to show and edit its details
• Tap and hold an event to duplicate, move, or share
• Use search to instantly locate specific events or reminders
• View your Facebook events
FAST, FRIENDLY, AND FLEXIBLE
• Supports the same calendar services as the built-in Calendar app, including iCloud, Google Calendar, Exchange, and more!
• Fantastical 2 is fully localized in English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish
• Just type or speak your event or reminder in any of these languages and Fantastical will automatically understand
• Accessibility support