What is it about?
What it does:
App Store Description
What it does:
- Accurately measure the performance of your mobile broadband service by running active tests to evaluate the following metrics - download and upload speed, latency, jitter and packet loss.
- You can run these tests over both Wi-Fi and cellular connections.
- The data from these tests contributes to the FCC’s Measuring Broadband America program. The program is run by the FCC to fulfil its Congressional mandate to collect and make publicly available accurate and transparent performance metrics on US broadband.
- Your privacy is completely safeguarded. No personally identifiable information is collected.
How it works:
- You can selectively run manual tests in the app across download speed, upload speed, latency, jitter and packet loss to accurately measure broadband or cellular performance.
- You can set a monthly data usage cap to ensure tests do not go over the limit. You can also monitor data usage in the app so you do not exceed monthly allowances by your carrier.
- Using the built in GUI, it’s easy to compare tests and historical data collected to see how performance changes over time, or according to wifi/cellular connection.
- In addition to the test-generated in app information you can also export additional data collected during a test. This passive data such as Cell ID, Signal Strength and GPS location can be used to further analyze performance across time and locations.
As part of the Measuring Broadband America Program The FCC Speed Test App assists with improving the visibility, accuracy and transparency of performance data on US mobile broadband.
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org and your information will be removed.