Check the details on WatchAware
What is it about?
FiLMiC Pro is a great way to capture amazing, high quality, full resolution video. With standard, manual and hybrid shooting modes, there is a shooting style for any skill level. The more you use this app, the more you are drawn in to experimenting with all of the more advanced features. If you find a combination of setting you like, you can save it as preset so it is always readily available to you. There is even support for the Apple Watch for remote start/stop and live video preview.
Why we love it
This app can be a bit intimidating at first, but luckily it has a fully automatic mode that can be used while you become more familiar with the advanced settings.
FiLMiC Pro－Video Camera is $14.99 but there are more add-ons
App Store Description
FiLMiC Pro v6 is the most advanced cinema video camera for mobile. Ever. FiLMiC Pro has been enhanced with cutting-edge capabilities and the most responsive manual filming app available on iPhone and iPad.
Note: Multicam support is not yet included in FiLMiC Pro but is available in our free app DoubleTake.
A multi-time iOS Video Camera App of the Year, FiLMiC Pro has been used in more high profile video projects by award winning directors than any other video app:
Unsane & High Flying Bird by Steven Soderbergh
Tangerine by Sean Baker
Detour by Michel Gondry
Snow Steam Iron by Zack Snyder
Olivia Wilde - No Love Like Yours
Claude Lelouch - The Best Years of a Life (Premiere Cannes 2019)
FiLMiC Pro provides filmmakers, newscasters, teachers, vloggers, artists and musicians with the capability to shoot in a true LOG gamma curve (included in the Cinematographer Kit optional in-app purchase). LOG V2 allows for greater tonal range and flexibility in post production by expanding dynamic range by up to 2.5 extra stops and setting the iPhone’s capabilities on par with camera equipment such as dslr costing thousands more. †
v6 Banner Features:
•Dual arc slider controls for manual focus and exposure adjustments.
•Live analytics suite including Zebra Stripes, Clipping, False Color and Focus Peaking. (A8 processor or newer required).
•Dolby Vision HDR support on 12 series iPhones (limited to 4K 30fps and not compatible with the Cinematographer Kit IAP).
• Ramped zoom rocker control.
• Waveform monitor including tri-mode histogram.
• White balance adjustment matrix with predefined and custom presets.
• Content Management System for project file naming.
• FiLMiC Sync integration to store preset data in the cloud and share between devices.
• Gamma curve controls for Natural, Dynamic, Flat and LOGv2. †
• Live shadow and highlight adjustments. †
• Live RGB, saturation and vibrance adjustments. †
(† Available as an optional purchase for iPhones with an A9 or newer processor and iPads with an A10X or newer processor. Limited to 30fps at 4k and 60fps at 1080p)
• Standard, manual and hybrid shooting modes. A shooting style for any skill level.
• Apple Watch support for remote start/stop and live video preview.
• Vertical and landscape shooting orientations.
• Variable speed zoom.
• Sync audio frame rates of 24, 25, 30, 48 50 and 60 fps.
• High speed frame rates of 60,120, 240 fps (hardware dependent).
• Slow and fast motion FX.
• Configurable time lapse recording.
• Tri-mode histogram, including waveform monitor. (A7 processor devices and newer)
• Downsampling to multiple size/resolutions.
• Saved shooting presets.
• Aspect ratio framing guide overlays.
• Thirds guide for composition.
• Image stabilization.
• Support for FiLMiC Remote. FiLMiC Remote allows you to control an iOS device running FiLMiC Pro with a second device running FiLMiC Remote.
Full manual controls with pull capabilities for:
Up to a dozen different resolutions and aspect ratios including:
• HD Widescreen (16:9)
• Super 35 (2.39:1)
• Letterbox (2.20:1)
• Standard Definition (4:3)
• Ultra Panavision (2.76:1)
• Square (1:1)
Share your video through any iOS share-capable apps like: Facebook, DropBox, FTP.
4 Flexible encoding options to balance between quality and file size:
• FiLMiC Extreme (offers up to 140Mbps encoding at 4K on latest gen devices)
• FiLMiC Quality
• Apple Standard
3rd Party Hardware Support:
• Moondog Anamorphic Lens (2.40:1)
• 35mm lens adapters
• Horizontal image flip
• Zhiyun Smooth 4 gimbal
• Movi Cinema Robot gimbal
• DJI OSMO Mobile 1/2/3/4 gimbals
Advanced Audio Features:
• Multiple audio formats: AAC, AIFF or PCM
• 44.1 & 48kHz sample rates
• Headphone monitoring
• Pro audio meter
• Adjustable input gain
• Support for external microphone levels
***Not all features available on older devices.
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.