Add a photo. There are always things that happen in our lives, and we should make sure that we capture them all. Whether it is an exciting adventure, a cute photo of a pet we are grateful to have in our lives, or portraits of our family and friends — a photo means a thousand words. Even though Five Minute Journal is a journal app that makes you reflect on what you want to do today and how to improve your life as a whole, it doesn't mean that there are no photos that come into play. Add a photo to your entries that means something to you — make it matter. No matter how silly or cute or serious it is, it's a part of your life.
Take just five minutes. Sometimes journaling is not as easy for some people as others may think. Fortunately that is why Five Minute Journal exists. Adding entries will only take about five minutes out of your day, and with a morning and night entry, that just means 10 minutes of writing — that's not asking much, is it? Adding a new entry is easy, as all you have to do is tap on the plus button in the corner. Then choose morning, night, or even another day if you want to catch up. Morning is essentially an entry that lets you think of things like what you're grateful for, what you plan to do today to make it a great day, and other things. For night entries, it is a good way to reflect on what you actually did do and how you could have made the day better. It may seem silly at first, but it does make you think about each day and definitely don't take things for granted.
Reflect. We all have busy lives, right? Life is full of surprises, whether they are good, bad, terrifying, exciting, full of hopes and new things. There are plenty of people, places to see, and things to do before we die. Every day is a brand new slate, and you should be prepared to take on every day as a new challenge in an attempt to improve your life as a whole. Five Minute Journal is an app that can help you out with that. Sometimes we just don't take enough time to reflect on what has happened or what we should be doing. Now, with Five Minute Journal, just 10 minutes of your day can be spent doing just that. And hey, adding photos makes it even more fun to think back, ahead, and reflect.
What is it about?
Five Minute Journal is a simple app with one goal in mind: improve your life just five minutes at a time, twice a day. Together, that is just 10 minutes a day. That is 10 minutes to write out what you're grateful for, what you're happy about, how you want the day to go, and then reflect back on the day's events and how it could have been better. Take photos and add them to your entry to complete the reflection. This is a great way to get someone who doesn't normally journal to just sit down and write and reflect, because it's a healthy habit to do.
For those who...
- Don't usually journal but want to start
- Want to constantly reflect and improve their lives
Not for those who...
- Already are in the habit of journaling
- Need a more freeform journaling application to capture life's memories as they happen
Why we love it
It's simple and a great way to get someone who doesn't normally journal into the habit of writing every day.
App Store Description
“There are plenty of benefits to journaling, whether you take time to write out your full thoughts or just spend a few minutes jotting down the things you're most grateful for every day or lessons you've learned. Five Minute Journal for the iPhone makes this process easy enough to do on the go.” —Lifehacker
The Five Minute Journal is the simplest, most effective way to become happier in 5 minutes a day with a simple journaling format built on proven principles of positive psychology.
• Beautiful, Intuitive Journaling Experience – The Five Minute Journal app has been designed to capture the physical Five Minute Journal experience. Getting around the app is a breeze and adding entries could not be easier. The Five Minute Journal app has been optimized to run smoother and quicker than ever before.
• Timeline View – Quickly access previous journal entries and view short daily excerpts. Tapping on an entry leads to a full day review.
• Photos – Capture and view your magical moments with a daily photo.
• Timeline Photo View – See a photographic timeline view of all your daily photos.
• Daily Quotes & Weekly Challenges – Receive an inspiring quote daily and weekly challenges that can be shared across social media.
• Easy Journal Entry Navigation – Quickly cycle through previous journal entries by swiping right or by tapping on a specific date in calendar view.
• Reminders – Set daily notifications to ensure you never miss a day of journaling.
• Passcode Protection – Keep all your journal entries private with secure passcode protection.
• Backup/Export to PDF – Easily backup/export all your entries to PDF, Dropbox, and more. You have the ability to select a date range or all entries.