Watch the trailer
What is it about?
With that said, the selfie mode is the stand out because it’s simply fun. Celebrities have joined thousands of everyday users to post their matches on social media. The matches are usually 40-60%, but it’s easy to see how the distinct facial features are matched between the photos. You can even get different results based on changing your expression, and it’s always fun to see the changes that the system produces. The only limitation is the number of pictures included to potentially match with, and hopefully Google expands their database soon. Just search on Twitter or Instagram with <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GoogleArts?src=hash">#GoogleArts</a>
Why we love it
The selfie feature is great to get people in the door of the app, and then they can hopefully explore all that it has to offer. At select museums, you can point your camera at a piece of art, and have the app provide the details, kind of like a guided tour. If you’re not sure what museums are compatible and nearby, the app has an explore tab to find museums near you, and you can continue to explore the art after you leave, or before you go. As you dive into all that’s included, the definite highlights are the street views and 360 degree videos to immerse yourself in a given museum without leaving the comfort of your device. There are over 1200 museums included, but the surprising amount is the number of curated collections. You can get lost going from one to the other, and it’s difficult not to find one that you may be interested in. Some of the extra features send you to other Google apps, and the service could always use more art and museums, but it’s a great starting point that will likely be updated going forward.
App Store Description
Are you curious about what Van Gogh’s Starry Night looks like up close? Have you ever toured the ancient Maya temples or met the inspirational figures of Black history? Do you want to learn about Japan’s unique food culture or incredible Indian railways?
Google Arts & Culture puts the treasures, stories and knowledge of over 2,000 cultural institutions from 80 countries at your fingertips. From the suffragettes who fought for women’s rights, to performing arts at the Paris Opera, to NASA’s archive of stunning images, discover stories about our cultural heritage. It’s your doorway to explore the art, history, people and wonders of our world.
• Art Transfer – Take a photo and transform it with classic artworks
• Art Selfie – Discover portraits that look like you
• Color Palette – Find art by using the colors of your photo
• Art Projector – See how artworks look in real size
• Pocket Gallery – Wander through immersive galleries and get up close to art
• Art Camera – Explore high-definition artworks
• 360° videos – Experience culture in 360 degrees
• Virtual reality tours – Step inside world-class museums
• Street View – Tour famous sites and landmarks
• Explore by time and color – Travel through time and see the rainbow through art
• Art Recogniser – Point your device camera at artworks to learn more about them, even when offline (at select museums only)
• Exhibits – Take guided tours curated by experts
• Favorites – Save and group your favorite artworks into galleries to share with friends or students
• Nearby – Find museums and exhibitions near you
• Notifications – Subscribe to receive weekly highlights or favorite content updates
• Translate – Use the translate button to read about exhibits from around the world in your language
• Location: used to recommend cultural sites and events based on your current location
• Camera: used to recognize artworks and provide related information about them
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to email@example.com and your information will be removed.