Interactive Alphabet is the essential alphabet teaching app for iOS. This app runs on both the iPhone and iPad. The app is fun and original. The developers even created their very own ABC song for this app. A baby mode is included, which auto-advances the alphabet cards.
A rowdy robot. Each letter is interactive and sure to make kids smile.
Trace the letter. When kids finish interacting with each letter, they can take their knowledge to a new level with tracing.
Time for typing. And if you're child has mastered writing the alphabet, there is also a section to help improve their typing skills.
What is it about?
What makes this app fantastic is that it is interactive. As the title suggests, each letter can be played with. For example you can play a xylophone, zip a zipper, and so on. It is an audio/visual experience using this immersive app. Interactive Alphabet is the essential alphabet app for iOS.
For those who...
- Looking for a full-featured education app that can grow with your child.
- Want to add your own words and photos to the app.
Not for those who...
- Want to pay for a learning app.
Why we love it
This is one of the best alphabet apps for a great reason. Instead of just focusing one one specific area, Interactive Alphabet can grow with your children from the baby mode all the way to typing practice. Along with the fun and original music, the ability to customize the app with your own familiar words and photos makes it a perfect choice.
App Store Description
Positively, the BEST Alphabet experience from crib to kindergarten!
Baby - A guided A to Z touchable tour (ages 1+)
Explore - discover hands-on interactive letter toys (ages 2+)
Sing - Sing along with letterbots! (ages ALL)
Type - Match letter keys to type a word (ages 2+)
Trace - Easy letter and word drawing (ages 2+)
Customize - Add familiar pictures/words
* Baby Mode auto advances through interactive letter toys
* Explore Mode lets kids discover interactive letter toys at their own pace.
* Sing Mode lets you sing the alphabet song along with 26 dancing robots.
* Trace Mode includes letters, words, custom words, alternate tracing strokes, and left-handed support. Earn Stickers and Stars to help see what is being traced the most or the least.
* Type Mode teaches little ones where to find letters on the keyboard while typing words.
* Add your own photos and words to the app, and they will appear in all modes except song mode.
* Choose lowercase, uppercase, or mixed case.
* Phonic Sounds.
* Choose a British or American accent.
* Fun and upbeat Original Music - keeps you dancing, not wincing. (parent friendly!)
* Sing along to the Alphabet/ABC song!
* Develops reading foundational skills.
* Great for Educators and Therapists to help with language and pre-reading.
* Aligned to Kindergarten Reading Foundational Skills in Common Core State Standards.
* Universal app for iPad/iPhone/iPod.
* Safe: No in-app purchases.
* Safe: No ads.
* Safe: No social media.
Awards and More!
Winner of 2010 Best Kids App for iPad at iLounge!
Featured in the App 2010 Rewind in the Tech for Tots Category!
Selected as on the of 10 best iPhone apps for pre-readers at babble.com!
Selected in top 8 apps for kids (2010) by macstories.net
Featured 4-star (highest rating) app on kidseducationalapps.com
Featured as New and Noteworthy by Apple!
Featured as a select app in 2010 by Apple!
Reviews from the press:
“To say that we were impressed by Interactive Alphabet – ABC Flash Cards would be an understatement – it is truly one of the very best iPad applications yet developed, and a fantastic value for the price. The colorful art, charming music, wonderful activities, and attention to detail make this a ‘go-to’ title for teaching kids the alphabet, as well as real world uses of letters. That it works with the iPad as well as the iPhone and iPod touch is just icing on the cake.” - iLounge
"The thing I like about this entire app for toddlers is the way it was so well thought out for kids. It isn’t just a bunch of letters, it’s a full interaction that helps them learn on a few different levels." - tcgeeks.com
"…a lovely way to experience the alphabet, that kids will want to play it over and over. " . . "We legitimately couldn’t find anything not to like about this app." . . "The Bottom Line: A top pick for babies, toddlers, and preschoolers." - bestkidsapps.com
"Interactive Alphabet is guaranteed fun time with your young ones." - funeducationalapps.com
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.