Powerful and useful features as you write. iWriter Pro gives writers plenty of useful tools as they are writing and editing documents. You can search for specific keywords that you may want to replace, jump to specific sections if you formatted it properly with Markdown syntax, or export your work elsewhere. The app also has a keyboard extension that gives you quick access to indentations and special characters that you commonly use, such as periods, colons, hashtags, and asterisks. No matter what you need to write, iWriter Pro gives you a simple and professional way to complete the job.
Access your files. With iWriter Pro, users can access files stored locally on the device, in their iCloud, or even in Dropbox. The initial sync may take a while if you have a lot of files, but changes sync fairly quickly and you have access to everything, including folders. Just find what you need, then tap on it to view and edit. iWriter Pro also has a sleek interface that is easy and straightforward to navigate too.
What is it about?
With iWriter Pro, users get a simple distraction-free writing environment that is straightforward and easy to use. You’ll be able to access all of your iCloud and Dropbox text files directly in iWriter Pro, and you can also customize the color theme and font to whatever works best for you. iWriter Pro also has quick navigation, full preview support for Markdown and MultiMarkdown documents, live Markdown and syntax highlighting, and a keyboard extension for quick shortcuts. And when you’re done writing, it’s easy to export your work to HTML or even a PDF. If you’re just looking for a basic text editor that will get the job done, then iWriter Pro is a good option to consider.
For those who...
- Want a basic text editor to get the job done
- Want some customization but don't want to waste too much time tinkering around
- Need both iCloud and Dropbox access to files
Not for those who...
- Want something that is much more complex and has built-in browsers for research
- Need an app that caters to the full writing process
- Want to automate their writing
Why we love it
We always like something that is simple and clean, and iWriter Pro does just that while being powerful enough to get the job done.
App Store Description
# iWriter Pro is elegant and minimalist text editor with built-in Markdown support. Distraction-free and subscription-free.
- Clean and minimal interface.
- iCloud sync across iPad, iPhone, and Mac¹ devices.
- Text editing with live Markdown syntax highlighting.
- HTML Preview for Markdown and MultiMarkdown documents.
- Typewriter mode² with focusing on line, sentence, or paragraph.
- Powerful Document Browser³ with tags support.
- Integrated counters for words, symbols, sentences, and paragraphs.
- Fast and responsive editing even for large files.
## iWriter Pro supports:
- Highlighting and rendering of LaTeX equations.
- Flowchart and Mermaid diagrams.
- Source code highlight in HTML preview.
- Exporting documents as HTML, PDF, RTF, EPUB, LaTeX, and DOCX.
- Keyboard shortcuts⁴ for text formatting and quick navigation.
- Search and Replace in your documents.
- Light and dark layouts (auto-switching included).
- Automatic number/bullet/task list formatting.
¹ - iWriter Pro for Mac is available as a separate purchase on the Mac App Store.
² - Typewriter and Focus modes are available only on iPad.
³ - Editing files in Dropbox, Google Drive, and other 3d-party storage providers is not guaranteed.
⁴ - External keyboard is required.
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.