Powerful and useful features as you write. iWriter Pro gives writers plenty of useful tools as they are writing and editing documents. You can search for specific keywords that you may want to replace, jump to specific sections if you formatted it properly with Markdown syntax, or export your work elsewhere. The app also has a keyboard extension that gives you quick access to indentations and special characters that you commonly use, such as periods, colons, hashtags, and asterisks. No matter what you need to write, iWriter Pro gives you a simple and professional way to complete the job.
Access your files. With iWriter Pro, users can access files stored locally on the device, in their iCloud, or even in Dropbox. The initial sync may take a while if you have a lot of files, but changes sync fairly quickly and you have access to everything, including folders. Just find what you need, then tap on it to view and edit. iWriter Pro also has a sleek interface that is easy and straightforward to navigate too.
What is it about?
With iWriter Pro, users get a simple distraction-free writing environment that is straightforward and easy to use. You’ll be able to access all of your iCloud and Dropbox text files directly in iWriter Pro, and you can also customize the color theme and font to whatever works best for you. iWriter Pro also has quick navigation, full preview support for Markdown and MultiMarkdown documents, live Markdown and syntax highlighting, and a keyboard extension for quick shortcuts. And when you’re done writing, it’s easy to export your work to HTML or even a PDF. If you’re just looking for a basic text editor that will get the job done, then iWriter Pro is a good option to consider.
For those who...
- Want a basic text editor to get the job done
- Want some customization but don't want to waste too much time tinkering around
- Need both iCloud and Dropbox access to files
Not for those who...
- Want something that is much more complex and has built-in browsers for research
- Need an app that caters to the full writing process
- Want to automate their writing
Why we love it
We always like something that is simple and clean, and iWriter Pro does just that while being powerful enough to get the job done.
App Store Description
iWriter Pro is elegant and minimalist text editor with built-in Markdown support. Distraction-free and subscription-free.
- Clean and minimal interface.
- iCloud¹ sync across Mac², iPad, and iPhone devices.
- Markdown syntax highlighting.
- Typewriter mode³.
- Focusing on line, sentence, or paragraph³.
- Markdown and MultiMarkdown preview.
- Integrated counters for words, chars, sentences, paragraphs.
- Powerful Document Browser with tags support.
- Fast and responsive editing⁴.
# iWriter Pro supports:
- Math equations and flowchart diagrams.
- Light and dark layouts (auto-switching included).
- Search and Replace within a document.
- Export text and Markdown previews to PDF, HTML, JPG, EPUB, and LaTeX.
- Keyboard shortcuts for formatting and navigating within text.
- Automatic indentation and list continuation.
- Multi-window layout on iPad. Text and preview on one screen.
- Inserting references to images.
- Customisable fonts and themes. User-installed fonts.
- TextExpander Touch.
¹ - iWriter Pro for Mac available as a separate purchase.
² - Typewriter and Focus modes available only on iPad.
³ - Editing files in Dropbox, Google Drive, and other 3d-party storage providers are not guaranteed.
⁴ - iWriter Pro is designed to be as easy as possible so it works with plain text files (like .txt and .md) with UTF-8 encoding.
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.