What is it about?
Marvin Side-by-Side is a handy app for studying two books at the same time. With split view, slide over, and a quick launch panel on iPad, password protection for managing libraries, and customizable tools, reading on your mobile device has never been smoother. The app also supports text-to-speech, offers reading statistics, has import and export options, plus much more.
For those who...
- Currently use and like the Marvin 3 app
- Enjoy reading comics and e-books on mobile device
- Would like a tool to study two books at once
Not for those who...
- Dislike the Marvin 3 app for comic and e-book reading
- Do not like to read on their mobile device
- Have no need for a side-by-side book view
Why we love it
For reading your e-books and comics, Marvin Side-by-Side takes the Marvin 3 app to a new level by allowing split view for seeing two books at once.
Marvin SxS is $4.99 but there are more add-ons
App Store Description
Marvin Side-by-Side is a special version of Marvin that helps you manage a second library, and read or study two books at the same time (1). SxS works great with devices that support Split View and Slide over.
- Includes all the features in the regular version of Marvin.
- Keep a second library, great for shared devices in the family (1).
- Read or study two books side-by-side using Slide Over and Split View (1, 2).
- SxS libraries can be protected using a password and Touch ID.
- Easily transfer books to and from Marvin.
Here are a few highlights of this release:
- Built from scratch with a brand new interface.
- Opens DRM-free EPUB books, CBX, and CBR comics.
- Supports all the latest iOS technologies including Split View, Slide Over, Spotlight, Touch ID, Today Widgets, iCloud, and iPad Pro.
- High-fidelity rendering with the most comprehensive set of customization options you're likely to use.
- Multi-theme UI with optional automatic light/dark switching.
- Vertical scrolling with auto scroll, guide bars, and edge tapping.
- Goodreads integration.
- Karaoke (speed reading).
- External Bluetooth keyboard and remote control support including customizable key commands for in-book navigation and control.
- Side-load your own fonts.
- Reading statistics.
- New library viewing modes and management tools.
- Quick launch panel on iPad.
- Fully customizable, independent, portrait and landscape multi column modes.
- Whole book page numbering.
- Substantially improved highlighting.
- Footnote popups.
- Photo exporer.
- Reading journal with photos, tags, and maps.
- Extensive import and export tools.
(1) the second library and side-by-side reading requires the corresponding Marvin 3 app.
(2) works best on devices that support Split View and Slide Over.
Visit appstafarian.com for a complete and impressive feature list.
Marvin SxS opens DRM-free EPUB books (basic support for 3.0), and CBZ/CBR comics.
If you're into DRM-free books, we worked hard to make Marvin the best way to enjoy them.