What is it about?
Noteshelf has a very smooth, responsive writing engine with little to no lag. More, Noteshelf works so effortlessly that users don't have to exert extra effort or alter their style to create notes that are readable and look like their "normal" handwriting on paper. The interface is cleverly designed and focused on the user's experience; every feature is in the logical position for its use and is implemented in an intelligent fashion (e.g., the palm rest function automatically scrolls down as you write). Noteshelf missed out on top marks by a slim margin, mainly because its handwriting is comparable to Notability, it has fewer features, and it costs more. However, if you need an app with built-in templates for paper types or the ability to use a different template for each page, Noteshelf is the one to get.
For those who...
- Want to use templates
- Want an app that is easy to write on
Not for those who...
- Need more features
- Don't care about templates
Why we love it
Noteshelf is easy to use and provides us with a ton of options for templates. No matter what we need, there will be a template for it.
Noteshelf 1 is $9.99 but there are more add-ons
Evernote Auto Publish
Florals & Swirls
App Store Description
THIS APP WILL BE DISCONTINUED FROM May 31, 2019. A new and feature-rich version is available as a separate app on the App Store. It is called 'Noteshelf 2'. Do check it out!
Noteshelf lets you take beautiful handwritten notes and annotate PDFs. You can also type your notes, record audio, draw shapes, sketch ideas, sign contracts, fill forms, print documents, and more right on your iPad. Syncs with Evernote and works with all popular cloud services such as Dropbox, Google Drive, and Box.
Noteshelf offers the most beautiful handwriting on the app store - this is one of the key reasons why our users fall in love with Noteshelf.
• Feel the fluidity and smoothness of our pens, pencils, and highlighters that rival the real ones.
• Our unique ink pens produce a beautiful calligraphic effect that makes your handwriting look great.
MANY OPTIONS TO CHOOSE FROM
• Choose from a selection of 70 tastefully designed notebook covers, ranging from classic leathers to fun stripes and florals.
• Our extensive paper template library offers papers for all your needs from simple ruled papers to special day planners and workout logs.
• Turn the personalization a notch by changing your shelf themes to suit your choice of notebook covers.
KEEP IT ORGANIZED
• Create as many notebooks as you wish for various purposes like meeting notes, journals, sketches, project work, class notes.
• Neatly group related notebooks by just dragging and dropping them on one another.
• Organize pages inside and across notebooks with ease.
SECURE YOUR NOTES
• Add a passcode to protect important and sensitive notes.
• Automatically backup your notes to Dropbox
• Use our proprietary AirTransfer to archive and share your notes
• Tap on the "shapes tool" on the pen rack and see your pen strokes magically transform into shapes.
• Draw perfectly geometrical shapes such as circles, triangles, squares, etc. to your notes.
• Record lectures, meetings, and discussions while taking notes.
• Playback recordings anytime you want.
• Add multiple recordings and keep them safe right next to your notes.
WRITE WITH EASE
• Zoom into your notes for a more close-up and detailed writing.
• Add photos to your notes, artworks, recipes, diaries & more.
• Offers left-handed and other 5 more writing modes to meet everyone's writing style.
MARK-UP & PRINT DOCUMENTS
• Open-in and import PDF and Microsoft Office documents as notebooks in Noteshelf.
• Highlight and underline key information in your documents.
• Sign and print contracts straight from your iPad.
SYNC & SHARE
• Auto Publish all your notebooks one-way to Evernote and access them from any device.
• Quickly share pages via Email, Twitter or Facebook.
• Send your notes to Dropbox, Evernote, Google Drive for archival or sharing with classmates, colleagues or clients.
• Showcase your lecture notes, diagrams, ideas & more using a projector. Noteshelf offers a special whiteboard mode for this purpose.
• Any iPad stylus will work great with Noteshelf.
• Apple Pencil & Noteshelf are a match made in heaven.
• For more advanced features such as pressure sensitivity and palm rejection, use stylus from one of our partners: Pencil by FiftyThree, POGO Connect, Hex Jaja, Adonit Script, Adonit JOT Touch, Wacom Intuos Creative Stylus & Bamboo Stylus Fineline
Let us know what you think. We’d love to hear from you!
video demo: http://noteshelf.net/video
AppAdvice does not own this application and only provides images and links contained in the iTunes Search API, to help our users find the best apps to download. If you are the developer of this app and would like your information removed, please send a request to [email protected] and your information will be removed.