Outdoors GPS provides everything the hiker needs to traverse the British countryside with confidence. Download any Landranger 1:50K or Explorer 1:25K Ordnance Survey map with your subscription, so you have an excellent navigation aid even when there's no internet. You can plan, share, and record your own route, or download one of more than 200,000 free ones to explore.
What is it about?
This is the app trusted by thousands of hikers, cyclists, explorers, and outdoor instructors. It makes it easy to enjoy the British countryside with confidence, because the app provides you with fully downloadable maps including the Explorer 1:25K Ordnance Survey maps. You get full statistics and elevation profiles when you're planning your route, and 200,000 preplanned routes are just waiting for you to explore. This is a fully functional GPS device at a fraction of the cost of a handheld unit, and it's accurate to within 10 meters. The app even includes a hands-free mode for cyclists.
For those who...
- Want to explore and hike the British countryside
- Enjoy cycling or just exploring Great Britain
Not for those who...
- Aren't in or going to Great Britain
- Don't enjoy hiking, cycling, or exploring
Why we love it
This app isn't just great for hikers in Great Britain, but for anyone traveling the outdoors: hikers, cyclists, or explorers. It provides detailed Ordnance Survey maps, which can be downloaded for use when you don't have an internet signal. The app also provides you with 250,000 points of interest, with a lightning fast search tool.
Outdoors GPS is FREE but there are more add-ons
South West England OS Maps 1:50k
North West England OS Maps 1:50k
Highlands OS Maps 1:50k
Yorkshire OS Maps 1:50k
South East England OS Maps 1:50k
UK National Parks OS Maps 1:50k
OS Online Unlimited Maps
Subscription to OS Online Unlimited Maps
Central and Western Scotland OS Maps 1:50k
East of England OS Maps 1:50k
App Store Description
Rediscover the OUTDOORS this SUMMER with the #1 Outdoors Navigation App for iOS
** OutDoorsGPS - Your handheld companion to the Outdoors **
“The best way to access Ordnance Survey Maps. Five out of Five Stars.” -Stuff Magazine
"Best UK Travel App Winner" –The Telegraph
“The perfect tool for navigating off-road.” –Outdoors Magazine
• Trusted by hikers, cyclists, ramblers, and outdoor instructors.
• OutDoors GPS makes it easy to enjoy the great British countryside in confidence.
• At a fraction of the cost of a dedicated GPS device, spend less time staring at maps and more time stretching your legs.
• The only outdoors navigation app that combines all your favorite OS Maps, with the features you need in a simple interface.
OutDoors GPS takes outdoors navigation to new heights:
• Hikers: Find or plan a route by choosing from over 200,000 free routes. Then navigate using the built in compass & simple direction view. Track your journey and finally save and share favorite hidden by creating a ‘My Places” list
• Runners: Add variety to your running routes by searching our database of local routes based on distance and elevation. Track your stats & save your favorite places for great views, stretching, resting and water fountains
• Cyclists: Find a route that matches your level of intensity by searching entries by distance and elevation. Or craft your own perfect biking path with the route builder. Use the hands free mode while biking and track your route statistics
• Photographers: Find beautiful landscapes by searching through over 250,000 points of interests. Find or plan your route to get there by using distance markers and confidently explore offline with Satellite, Terrain, Hybrid, and Road maps
• Dependable anywhere - Break free of phone signals and download maps to use offline
• Find, plan, share, and record routes with statistics & elevation profiles
• 200,000+ Free routes available for route planning on integrated website (outdoorsgps.com)
• Choose unlimited use (OS Online) or purchase specific regions to download (lifetime maps)
• Worldwide map coverage with Satellite, Terrain, Hybrid & Road maps
ORDNANCE SURVEY MAPS
• Download any Landranger 1:50k, Explorer 1:25k Ordnance Survey maps
• Includes 1 week trial for OS Online- unlimited OS maps
• Lifetime OS maps are sold as Regions (1:50k), Counties (1:25k) or National Parks (1:25k)
• Super fast map display, regardless of signal
POWERFUL GPS FUNCTIONS
• Fully functioning GPS at a fraction of the cost of a dedicated GPS device
• Finds your location in seconds- accurate to within 10 metres
• Create a route, with distance markers, by tapping it out on the screen
• Follow a planned route using the in-built compass & clear direction view
• Hands Free mode (for following a route while cycling)
• Create and Share 'My Places' list (favourite pub, picnic area, great view etc)
• 250,000 points of interest included (with fast search tool)
WEBSITE & ONLINE COMMUNITY (100,000+ MEMBERS)
• Do all your planning (or post trip analysis) with OS Maps.
• Plan, edit and share your routes (via Email, Twitter or Facebook).
You can subscribe to OS Online Unlimited Maps. Your subscription will be £30 for 365 days from the date of subscription, charged to your iTunes Account, and will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Auto-renew can be turned off anytime by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when purchasing a subscription. Also access OS Online Unlimited Maps on our website: http://outdoorsgps.com
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.