Clip recipes from the web with a single tap.
Groceries are combined and sorted by aisle.
Use pins and timers to cook with multiple recipes at once.
What is it about?
Paprika is a powerful recipe manager that does it all. With Paprika, users are able to browse websites in the built-in browser, save recipes into the Paprika format from supported sites, and organize them however they see fit with their own categories. Each recipe has detailed lists for ingredients and step-by-step instructions, and there are even timers that you can use in the app to make the cooking process more streamlined. Before you get cooking though, you can use Paprika to generate shopping lists for all of the necessary components in the recipe, and it's all grouped up by aisle so you don't need to make multiple trips throughout the grocery store. There is also an in-house syncing service that is free, and you can use it to sync your recipes across multiple devices, including Mac.
For those who...
- Need a powerful all-in-one recipe app
- Love to cook and get new recipes
Not for those who...
- Don't like cooking
- Don't need an app for managing recipes as they like to "wing it"
Why we love it
We've been using Paprika to store and organize all of our recipes for years now, and it's fantastic. It's super easy to use, though it feels a bit cluttered at times, but it has everything you need and being able to sync your recipes across multiple devices is great.
App Store Description
Delightfully simple recipe management for everyone: from aspiring cooks to professional chefs. With web importing, grocery lists and meal planning, Paprika is the perfect kitchen companion. If you love to cook, Paprika will be most useful app you've ever downloaded!
Use Paprika Cloud Sync to wirelessly sync between your devices and take your recipes with you everywhere you go! (Please note: each version of Paprika is sold separately for each device, but Paprika Cloud Sync is a free service.)
• Create and modify your own recipes on any device.
• Automatically download recipes from hundreds of websites with a single tap.
• Integrated browser clipboard tools help you clip recipe information from any website.
• Smart recipe view: cross off ingredients when you're done with them, highlight your current step, and keep the screen on while you are cooking.
• Tools to help you cook: start multiple timers, pin active recipes to easily switch between them, and scale ingredients to your desired serving size.
• Timers are automatically detected in your directions: simply tap on one to start!
• Store nutritional information (automatically saved from sites which provide it) and personalized notes for each recipe.
• Find your recipes in a flash with our powerful subcategory organization and advanced search tools which let you search by name, ingredient or source.
• Intelligent grocery list automatically combines your ingredients and sorts them by aisle.
• Use the pantry to keep track of what ingredients you already have.
• Save time and money by planning your meals by the week and month! Create reusable menus from your favorite meals.
• Print and email support for recipes, grocery lists, and meal plans. Support for multiple recipe print sizes including index cards.
• Share recipes via AirDrop or email (that other Paprika users can automatically import).
• Import existing recipes from popular desktop apps such as MacGourmet, YummySoup!, MasterCook & Living Cookbook.
• Export your meal plans to iCal and your grocery lists to Reminders.
• Manual backup and restore keeps your recipe collection safe.
• Offline access. All of your data is stored locally, no internet connection is required to view your recipes.
• Paprika Cloud Sync. Keep your recipes, grocery lists, and meal plans seamlessly synced between all your devices!
• Bookmarklet. Capture recipes from your web browser straight into your Paprika Cloud Sync account.