Soulver now supports new iOS 11 iPad multitasking. With the latest update, Soulver can support Slide Over as well as Split Screen multitasking on the iPad.
Support for local storage, iCloud, and Dropbox. Soulver can save files to your local device, but support for iCloud and Dropbox storage is also there. Unfortunately, you cannot yet move Soulver's files around using the Files app's drag and drop.
What is it about?
Think of Soulver as a text editor calculator. With Soulver, you can do anything from quick calculations to figuring stuff out, such as your business expenses for tax season. Just type out your problem and see the answer as you type.
For those who...
- Need to figure out problems that involve calculations
- Are always trying to calculate on notepads
- Want to work with numbers in a text editor-style interface
Not for those who...
- Don't need to figure out a lot of mathematical stuff in life
- Never use notepads for calculating
- Want a traditional calculator
Why we love it
Soulver has proven to be an invaluable tool for many of us, as it's perfect for figuring out expenses and other problems that require some calculation. Each calculation you do can be saved as a file in iCloud or Dropbox, so you can access it from multiple iOS devices or even on the Mac. Soulver now includes support for iOS 11's Files app, but it's not fully baked-in just yet. You can drag items to Recently Deleted, if you want to remove a file, but you cannot yet use drag and drop to add a local file to iCloud or Dropbox, or move between the cloud storage options. You can, however, find your Soulver calculations right in the Files app, and open them from there.
App Store Description
Soulver is a revolutionary calculator replacement app. Its powerful UI lets you do calculations over multiple lines, and use words alongside numbers, so that they make sense.
Soulver is great for back-of-the-envelope calculations, currency conversions while travelling, working out percentages, calculations involving changing variables, and much more.
Soulver supports Dropbox & iCloud syncing, and is also available for macOS.
WHY IS SOULVER BETTER THAN A STANDARD CALCULATOR?
- Instant answers as you type (no need to use equals!).
- Spread your calculations over multiple lines (so your brain doesn't explode).
- Reference previous answers in your current line (kind of like a mini-spreadsheet).
- Annotate numbers with inline labels (you'll thank yourself later when you read them back!).
- Do percentage calculations using natural phrases "15% off $350" (has support for 9 different percentage phrases).
- Supports over 150 currencies (including Bitcoin), and has a specially designed currency keyboard for quick conversions.
- Custom variables across all your documents, and a special keyboard for quick access to them.
- All standard math and programming functions, also available on specially designed keyboards.