Take action. Tydlig lets you calculate and graph pretty much anything you may need. It gives you results in real-time, and you can even take multiple action on a number just by doing a long-press on it. The standard iOS popover menu shows up and you can select one of the options to give the number, which include linking and selecting everything everything in the equation and much more.
Updates in real time. Tydlig has a unique interface that definitely sets a new standard among calculator apps. While it may look a bit weird and confusing at first, it's pretty easy to use once you get used to it. All equations feature numbers that can be selected and edited, with updated results in milliseconds. No matter what you're calculating, the results will show up quickly and effortlessly. And for those times when you need to graph something, Tydlig is there for you.
What is it about?
Tydlig is an interesting calculator app because it is unlike anything you've seen or used before. Tydlig features a freeform canvas where you can do all of your calculations on, and everything is super responsive and the linked numbers prove to be very useful. While Tydlig is perfect for most everyday calculations, such as figuring out tips and discounts, it's also great when you are in school and need to deal with graphing equations too, since it integrates real-time graphing. Tydlig will show the full history of your calculation, so you can change a single digit and get an instant update. No matter what you need a calculator for, Tydlig is an innovative new option that you should consider.
For those who...
- Find the native calculator clunky and lacking in features
- Want an innovative app for doing calculations
Not for those who...
- Prefer traditional calculator experiences
- Are fine with the native iOS calculator
Why we love it
If you want a calculator app that can do it all and in style, Tydlig is a must download. It’s unlike any calculator app you’ve tried before.
App Store Description
Calculators have changed very little since the 1970s - while phones from that era look ancient. Why should calculators cling to a 40 year old design with a wall of buttons and one row for results in the age of retina displays? We deserve something better. Tydlig brings the calculator to the next level for iPhone & iPad with innovations like freeform canvas, responsive results and linked numbers.
Tydlig is perfect for calculating everyday things like tips and discounts, showing the entire history and allowing you to change any number with instant updates. For deeper calculations real-time graphing is an excellent way to explore and visualize things like bank interest rates and trigonometric functions.
* Responsive results: Edit any number on the canvas and see all results update automatically. Let your calculator work for you, not the other way around.
* Linked numbers: With a result selected, press any operation to create a linked number below. Responsive results will cascade down these links.
* All history is stored on an infinite scrolling canvas. Drag numbers around and reuse them as you wish.
* Annotate any number with an attached text label, like a freestyle spreadsheet.
* Real-time graphing: Link numbers to a graph and any change to the expression will instantly update the graph. Perfect when trying to explore how functions work and behave.
* Use the Slider to tweak any number and see results and graphs update in real-time. Combined with the graph it is an excellent way to visualize and teach math. Tap the slider to toggle between discrete and continuous modes.
* Share the entire canvas by printing, or exporting as a high quality PDF. You can also copy calculations as text, or save the visible area as an image which can be used in other applications like Pages or Word.
* Undo support.
* Supports external Bluetooth keyboards for really quick digit and basic operations entry (+, -, *, /).
* Tydlig works completely offline, no need to be connected to the internet.
* Lots of power under the hood with a lightning fast calculation engine, over 20 mathematical functions and scientific notation formatting options.