June 12, 2011
The AppAdvice iPad App Of The Week: Toca Hair Salon ($1.99 & universal), released June 7 Toca Hair Salon Developer’s Best Offering Yet? The folks behind the popular app, Toca Doctor, have released what could be their most impressive children’s app to date. The universal Toca Hair Salon is now available in the App Store. Created by Swedish-based Toca Boca, the app lets youngsters run their own Hair Salon by allowing them to cut, color, comb, shave, and blow-dry lifelike hair on four different characters. Features include:
- Cut and trim hair with the scissors and electric hair trimmer
- Use the hair dryer to style the final hair cut
- 12 hair colors to choose from!
- Use the magic potion G.R.O. to make the hair grow back again!
- Four cute characters that make fun faces and sounds while you cut their hair!
- No rules or stress – play any way your kids want to!
- Real-time access to the most recent videos on Newsy.com
- Innovative playlist builder
- Videos can be downloaded and saved to the iPad for later viewing off network
- Interact with the Newsy community by posting comments and rating videos
- Share videos via Twitter, Facebook and email
- View video transcripts that contain links to news sources
- ‘Sources’ button connects you to the story-level pages of the sources analyzed
- Slideshow feature enables quick browsing through videos
- Easily filter videos by category
- Access higher quality videos when connected through WiFi