January 19, 2013
Two months after its release in August last year, Lumify got updated to version 2.0. Now, three months after the arrival of Lumify 2.0, the app has just been updated to version 3.0. Something of a pocket-sized movie studio, Lumify is an app that makes editing videos ridiculously easy even for first-time video editors. As stated in the app's App Store description, Lumify "analyzes the videos you’ve shot and turns them into a professionally edited movie with just a few taps, automatically synchronizing the scene transitions to your soundtrack." Already a feature-rich app, Lumify has just been updated to version 3.0 with miscellaneous improvements. More importantly, it's been updated with a number of new features, which are enumerated below:
Optimized for iPhone and iPod touch running iOS 5.0 or later, Lumify 3.0 is available now in the App Store for free. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- One single tap to set and lock focus, exposure and white balance during video recording.
- Specify a preference for how long you’d like a scene to be (shorter, normal, longer), or manually trim the scene exactly as you like it (or use the scene in its entirety).
- 5 new beautiful video filters (15 total).
- Slow down or speed up playback for each scene independently. Play scenes backward in full 1080p HD with reversed audio!
- Multi-track audio mixer lets you record and overlay additional audio tracks (e.g. narration tracks or dub-overs) to your movie, synchronized to the visuals.
- Zoom/crop tool lets you zoom in on your videos or re-crop your portrait videos to standard landscape proportions (16:9 aspect ratio).
- “Pan and scan” to turn your static camera shots into exciting scenes that look like they were recorded from a moving camera.
- Online in-app help page that is frequently updated with tips and tricks.