February 12, 2013
Wave Trip cruised into the App Store three weeks ago, eventually earning an AppAdvice Game of the Week honorable mention. Now, the geometrical-slash-musical arcade adventure game has received its first ever update, which brings a new game world and a number of improvements. The new world is called City. As expected, it's set in an urban area. But since this is Wave Trip we're talking about, said urban area is rendered in various colorful, quirky shapes. What's more, City is said to be based on the hometown of the folks behind Wave Trip developer Lucky Frame, which also created Bad Hotel. City features new graphics, new sounds, a new enemy, and new levels. Just like each of the other four worlds (Plains, Triangulon, Caverns, Inner Crust), City comprises five levels, bringing the total level count in Wave Trip to 25. If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. Wave Trip's first update also delivers adjustments to the game's controls for added speediness. Further, it provides the following bug fixes:
Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 4.3 or later, the newly updated Wave Trip is available in the App Store for $1.99. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- fixed the missing score Triangles in 'Shores of Heat Dance'
- made the buttons easier to select in Make mode
- found a cause for crashing, and fixed it! let us know if you're still getting crashes…
- fixed a small scrolling bug in the menus
- fixed an issue with scores not loading if you have game center friends, or if you have too many friends