March 18, 2013
In July last year, we reported that the puzzle adventure game Unmechanical was set to be released for PC in August, with the iOS edition arriving a few weeks thereafter. And sure enough, the game did become available for PC in August last year. But rather disappointingly, Unmechanical was still nowhere to be seen on iOS … until a few hours ago, that is. At long last, Unmechanical for iOS is here. And the game's developers, Talawa Games and Teotl Studios, couldn't be more relieved:
A couple of weeks turned into a few months, and the game is finally done! We’ve been hard at work polishing the game further, to make sure the experience is as good as it can be for iOS devices, old and new generations alike. Now we finally have something that feels perfect. Time for release.If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. Unmechanical is quite reminiscent of the popular puzzle adventure game Machinarium. In Unmechanical, you must help a little robot helicopter find his way toward freedom by solving a variety of puzzle challenges, which involve elements that are either organic or mechanical. Take a look at the game's trailer above. Unmechanical for iOS offers the following key features:
Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 4.0 or later, Unmechanical is available now in the App Store for the special introductory price of $2.99. Check out how the game is played on iOS in the video below. If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Intuitive and simple controls, applied to a great range of interactions.
- A carefully created 3D world with unique environments and an engrossing atmosphere.
- More than 30 unique puzzles, including logic-, physics-, and memory- oriented challenges.
- Uncover a dark secret through strange clues and fantastic events.
- Over three hours of puzzle-solving, exploration, and adventure.
- Child friendly. No violence, found fit for all ages by the German entertainment age rating agency.