March 7, 2013
Back in August last year, I posted a preview of Project: Holy Shield, a shoot-'em-up game from publisher Bulkypix and developer Dogbox Studio. In my preview, I noted that the game was set for release this winter. Well, right on schedule, the game is now available in the App Store. But you won't find it under the name Project: Holy Shield. As it turns out, the game has been retitled to the less mysterious but more menacing Journey to Hell. But even with a new official name, the game is still pretty much the same impressively designed game I described to you last year. Journey to Hell still concerns Holy Shield, a secret organization hell-bent on destroying the creatures of hell that roam our world. The game focuses on two badass Holy Shield heroes who are out to use their uber-powerful weapons in vanquishing all bloodthirsty demons that come their way. If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. Journey to Hell boasts the following features:
Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 4.0 or later, Journey to Hell is available now in the App Store for the special introductory price of $3.99. Are you ready to go to hell in Journey to Hell? [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Embark on an epic adventure with seven different environments. Relive the experience in Survival and Treasure Hunt modes.
- Play with two Holy Shield warriors, Gabriel and Rachel, and check out their kick-ass combos.
- Procedural music that changes to suit the action in each scene.
- An original soundtrack performed by heavy metal band The Slaughters.
- Close to 30 different upgradable weapons (flamethrowers, machine guns, holy pistols, and much more).
- High-quality 3D environments for a unique visual atmosphere.
- Take on over 15 demon races and up to 40 enemies on the screen.
- Three different gameplays: TPS in Story and Survival modes, and FPS in Treasure Hunt mode with gyroscope controls.
- Game Center
Journey to Hell