April 23, 2013
Nike+ FuelBand, the official iOS app that connects to the popular fitness wristband of the same name, has just been updated with two major features. Released just a week prior to the launch of the eponymous device itself in February last year, the Nike+ FuelBand app has been offering the following key features:
If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. But thanks to its new update, Nike+ FuelBand now also lets you take advantage of its new social features, namely, Nike+ Friends and photo sharing. Nike+ Friends lets you access custom leaderboards in the app showing how your performance compares with that of your friends who also have a Nike+ FuelBand. Leaderboards can be viewed for today, yesterday, this week, and last week. As for photo sharing, this new feature, of course, lets you share a photo. But of what exactly? Nike explains: "Just had your best day ever? Add a photo and share it to highlight where you were and who you were with when you hit your goal." Optimized for iPhone and iPod touch running iOS 5.0 or later, the newly updated Nike+ FuelBand app is available now in the App Store for free. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- See your daily activity breakdown and view your progress by week, month or year.
- Automatically send all your information to your Nike+ profile online.
- Unlock achievements, view the celebrations and save your badges in your trophy case. Bragging optional.
- Share your NikeFuel and achievements with friends on Facebook and Twitter. Get cheered on and stay motivated.
- Connect, compare and compete with your Facebook friends.
- Customize the display on your Nike+ FuelBand or change your Daily Goal — right from the app.