April 4, 2013
There's Super Mario Bros. And then there's The Other Brothers. Inspired by Nintendo's seminal platform video game, The Other Brothers has finally arrived on iOS after a rather rocky development phase. The game failed to reach its funding goal on Kickstarter, but despite that, it managed to come to fruition. The Other Brothers stars the titular pair, Joe and Jim, who are mustachioed mechanics, as opposed to the Super Mario Bros.' mustachioed plumbers. The game follows the duo's adventures as they try to rescue a damsel in distress who has been abducted by a squad of goons. In paying homage to its inspiration, The Other Brothers features gorgeous pixel art mixed with modern graphics that lend themselves well to the game's platforming thrills. If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. The Other Brothers boasts the following key features:
Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 5.0 or later, The Other Brothers is available now in the App Store for $0.99. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Experience a striking, modern twist on the 16-bit Platformer genre
- Unique eye-popping and hand painted pixel art style that stands out
- Rock out to an original soundtrack written and recorded especially for the game!
- Explore unique, multi-path levels that you'll come back to time and again
- Fight entertaining enemies with personality, can you discover their weaknesses?
- Revolutionary touch controls will have you jumping and fighting through the impossible!
- Action-packed, zany boss fights
- Entertaining hand crafted cut scenes
- High replay value and rewarding gameplay
- 3 Star rating system and unlockables
- Simian Tech Mode 7 emulation for awesome visual effects