May 19, 2013
Skriv, the universal iOS writing app whose 2.0 update I posted about just last month, has now received its 2.1 update. Skriv 2.1 brings a number of new features. But none is arguably more significant than the app's newly added iCloud integration. With iCloud, Skriv now syncs all of your notes and settings across all of your iDevices. In particular, if you've added something or made changes to your Skriv Library on any of your devices, just pull down on the library to refresh your data with iCloud. Skriv's iCloud integration also boasts something called Smart Delete. Highlighted in the video below and found in the app's Settings section, Smart Delete stores any deleted file on any of your devices for future retrieval also on any of your devices. Another iCloud-enabled feature introduced in Skriv 2.1 is Web Resume. Whereas Safari has iCloud Tabs, Skriv has Web Resume. Simply put, if you have an open webpage in one of your devices, Web Resume automatically opens that webpage on your other device. This feature can be toggled on or off in Settings. If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. Aside from its multifaceted iCloud integration, Skriv 2.1 includes the following enhancements:
Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 5.1 or later, Skriv 2.1 is available now in the App Store for free. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Note Reminder: Ever wanted to be notified about your current note at a later time? Well, with Note Reminder in Skriv you can!
- Theme: Choose between Auto (Changes theme depending on time of day), Light (the regular Skriv theme), and Dark (a much darker theme). (Can be changed in Settings)
- Library Direct: Directly opens the Skriv Library when Skriv Launches. (Can be toggled ON/OFF in Settings)
- Font Size: Choose from Small, Regular, and Large font sizes.
- Search Engines: You can now choose between three different search engines (Google, Yahoo, and Bing).
- Minor Design Change: Buttons and TextFields have been changed for a much elegant design.