June 8, 2013
The simple conversion app Amount has just been converted to version 2.0. Released in September last year, Amount has been my favorite iOS conversion app since I discovered it last February. And it's been so mainly on account of its unusual yet effective conversion flow. You see, Amount is so named because the amount you want to convert takes precedence over any other consideration in the app. As I explained in my previous post about the app:
Upon launching Amount, the first thing you have to do is to enter, well, the amount you want to convert. Only then do you have to specify the measurement category in which you want that amount to be converted. The app then shows the conversions for the amount in the different units under your selected category.If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. As it happens, more units have just been added to Amount through its 2.0 update. What's more, the following significant enhancements are included in Amount 2.0:
Optimized for iPhone and iPod touch running iOS 5.0 or later, Amount 2.0 is available now in the App Store as a free update or as a new $0.99 download. Marco Torretta, the indie developer behind Amount, suggests that you reinstall the app in case you encounter problems after updating it, which may be caused by the "deep and consistent changes applied in this version." [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- New graphic: way more clean, simple and usable than before.
- Brand new conversion algorithm: conversions will be extremely fast!
- Now you can reorder every list as you like.
- Shake the device to switch between alphabetical sorting and custom sorting.
- Long tap a unit to show its option menu.
- Now you can set the default unit for each category.
- Added Portuguese language.