by Joe White
June 10, 2013
On stage at the Moscone Center, Apple offered a discussion of its latest iOS statistics. Here's the breakdown:
For more of today's exciting news, see: Apple Demos New Photos App On iOS, Apple Reimagines Safari On iOS 7 With New Tab Interface, Smart Search And More, and AirDrop Is Coming To iOS 7.
- 365 million iOS devices sold
- iDevice owners use their smart device up to 50 percent more than Android-powered smart device owners
- iPhones have a 60 percent mobile Web share, compared with Android's mobile Web share of 24 percent
- iPads, however, have an even bigger share of 82 percent, compared with 18 percent attributed to "other"
- iDevice owners report an average 97 percent overall satisfaction rate
- iOS 6 is installed on 93 percent of iDevices, compared with Android smartphones, one third of which are powered by archaic software from 2010.