June 4, 2013
Are you a fan of Fanhattan? If so, then you need to know about the latest development about the popular movie and TV discovery service. Fanhattan hit the scene when it launched as an iPad-only app back in 2011. A year later, it was optimized for iPhone and iPod touch. And just last February, it made its move to the Web. And now, Fanhattan has just undergone a name change, which appears to be in line with the release of Fan TV, its new online video set-top and buttonless remote. From now on, Fanhattan shall be known simply as Fan. Along with the name change comes a significant redesign of the service on its original home, the iPad. Fan for iPad introduces a new user experience highlighted by the following enhancements:
Fan, formerly Fanhattan, is available in the App Store for free. The changes enumerated above are currently applicable for iPad, but the app itself is compatible with iPhone and iPod touch as well. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Brand new homepage that features everything you should care about in entertainment this week — Live TV, On Demand, and In Theaters.
- Activity feed: Instant updates on when your Watchlist bookmarks are available on your streaming services as well as your friends activity and favorite lists
- Trending user lists: See what's hot with experts and friends, as well as submit your own lists for feature.
- Blazing fast search: Look through a million titles in an instant.
- Live TV Listings: Get personalized live television listings.
- Ergonomic navigation: We put the buttons in the right place to give you a simple and intuitive user experience.
Fan – Watch Movies and TV on Netflix, NBC, iTunes, Hulu, Amazon, ABC, Xfinity, HBO, and more (formerly Fanhattan)