June 8, 2013
The first episode in Konig Studios' Jewel Thieves series of match-three games has been released on iOS, and it's called Jewel Thieves: Knight's Armor. Jewel Thieves: Knight's Armor offers a new match-three gaming experience with its physics-based engine, different play modes, and varied power-up system. Unlike most other games in the genre, Jewel Thieves: Knight's Armor doesn't feature grid-based match-three gameplay. Rather, it features a playing screen in which pieces, jewels in this case, move and flow depending on your actions. It's actually quite reminiscent of the physics-based behavior of the pearls in the undersea match-three game Atlantis: Pearls of the Deep. Jewel Thieves: Knight's Armor also features three game modes, namely, Adventure, Lightning, and Zen. In Adventure mode, you have to collect the target number of jewels for each of the mode's 90 levels. In Lightning mode, which is shown in the video below, you have to match as many jewels as you can within 60 seconds. And in Zen mode, you get to take things slow as new jewels fall only when you make a move. If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. The game also has a power-up system consisting of six types of boosters:
Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 6.0 or later, Jewel Thieves: Knight's Armor is available now in the App Store for free. Note that playing Jewel Thieves: Knight's Armor requires keys, which are used to enter a level in Adventure mode or a round in Lightning and Zen mode. You can earn free keys either by completing levels and rounds or by waiting for your stock of keys to be automatically replenished over time. Alternatively, you can get more keys via in-app purchase. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Jester Hat: This will drop 5 Jester Jewels over a few seconds. These special jewels match with any color jewel.
- Hammer Slam: This will explode all rocks on the screen.
- Bomb Attack: Press and hold your finger to set the bomb attack area. When released, jewels within the area will explode and be collected.
- Arrow Attack: This will call upon your fellow Archers and collect any jewels the arrows hit.
- Sword Swipe: You have 3 seconds to swipe away as many jewels as possible with your finger.
- The Knight's Call: This will call upon your fellow Knights and collect all of the jewels on the screen. This item cannot be used in Zen mode.
Jewel Thieves: Knight's Armor
Konig Studios, LLC
Atlantis: Pearls of the Deep
Legacy Interactive, Inc.