June 19, 2013
The aptly named finance app Simple has just become more goal-oriented than ever. Hailed by us here on AppAdvice with an App of the Week honorable mention shortly after its release in May last year, Simple lets you do the following:
And now, Simple has just been updated to help you manage your Goals. Already a popular feature on the app's parent website, Goals is a tool that helps you gradually and automatically save for bills and expenses. Goals is paired with Simple's Safe-to-Spend feature, which subtracts your Goals and upcoming payments from your available balance to give you an idea of how much you can actually spend. Simple's newly added Goals functionality lets you easily transfer funds between Goals and Safe-to-Spend, create new goals, pause or resume goals, and associate specific transactions with specific goals. You can take advantage of Goals in the new version of Simple, which is available now in the App Store for free. The newly updated app also includes support for referrals and a fix for its duplicate category bug. Note that availability of Simple's service is still by invitation. You have to request an invitation first before you can use the Simple app as well as the Simple website. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- See your transactions appear in seconds on your iPhone
- Know instantly how much you can afford with Safe-to-Spend™
- See each transaction in detail- spending category, map location, and more
- Customizable memos to help your track and organize your spending data
- Attach receipts or photos to your transactions
- Find nearby ATMs from the Allpoint™ network-- over 50,000 strong.
- Contact customer service. Customer service is just one button away.
- Send payments. Add payees and schedule one-time or recurring bill payments.
- Block or unblock your debit card from the app
- Activate your debit card or reset your debit card pin