June 7, 2013
A little over a year ago, Visual Supply Company released its namesake iPhone camera app, VSCO CAM. Now, that app is no longer available in the App Store. But not to worry. As it turns out, Visual Supply Company has just updated the app to version 2.0 and rereleased it as VSCO Cam. Currently featured as an Editors' Choice in the App Store, the new and improved VSCO Cam looks set to be right at home on iOS 7. That is, if the rumors turn out to be true and iOS 7 indeed sports a "flat" look. In any case, VSCO Cam offers a number of tools and presets, adjustable using the app's precision slider, to complement your iPhoneography skills. VSCO Cam's tools enable you to fine-tune your photos with controls for exposure, temperature, contrast, rotation, cropping, fade, vignette, and more. As for its preset offerings, they're available for purchase in VSCO Cam's built-in store. "From vivid colors to faded black and whites, the store offers the best mobile presets on the market," says Visual Supply Company. If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. Below are some of VSCO Cam's other features of note:
VSCO Cam is available now in the App Store for free. The app is optimized for iPhone and iPod touch running iOS 6.0 or later. Make sure to check back later here on AppAdvice for Christine's full review of the app. For more notable iPhoneography apps, check out our Photographer's Kit AppList. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Separate Focus and Exposure Rings plus White Balance Lock allow for increased creative control.
- Organize, favorite and filter your images using the quick filter navigation.
- Multiple thumbnail sizes allow for a customizable image browsing experience.
- Easily view your image data including location, date, preset used and more.
- Import and export your images in high resolution without sacrificing any quality.
- Easily share your images with friends and family via Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Weibo and Camera Roll.
- The VSCO Journal is a wealth of creative inspiration, tutorials, interviews and more.
Visual Supply Company