July 21, 2013
Trail Tracker GPS has just received its 3.0 update. And this update is easily the biggest update to hit the app since its release 10 months ago. Trail Tracker GPS has been featured a couple of times in AppAdvice's AppsGoneFree. As its name suggests, the app lets you trace your path anywhere in the world, whether you're driving, running, biking, or hiking. What's more, the app provides you with various statistics about your excursions into the great outdoors. As mentioned, Trail Tracker GPS 3.0 has recently landed, and it delivers a ton of improvements. First, there's the introduction of new data formats, which Trail Tracker GPS developer TapTools says is the feature, or set of features, it's most excited about:
We've received an unbelievable quantity of requests for all sorts of different data formats, so we took your feedback and started from the ground up with Trail Tracker's data structure. First off, we got rid of the old .msdf format and replaced it with an all-new, human-readable, XML-based file format. Your maps will automatically and seamlessly be converted to the new .ttmd format the first time you open Trail Tracker after updating to version 3.0. Not only that, but we've added the ability to export maps as KML and GPX files so you can view them in whatever applications you want!The significantly improved Trail Tracker GPS also boasts Google Maps integration, complete with map rotation and terrain maps, and interactive elevations graphs that show changes in elevation over time. There's also the addition of a personal lightning detector in the form of Spark! by Weatherbug. With this "electrifying" new feature, you can now see the nearest lightning strikes right within Trail Tracker GPS so that you can avoid them accordingly. In addition, Trail Tracker GPS 3.0 includes the following enhancements:
Also including various bug fixes and performance optimizations, Trail Tracker GPS 3.0 is available now in the App Store as a free update or as a new $1.99 download. The app is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 5.1 or later. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Autosaving: You all asked for it, so we brought it with version 3.0. Your maps will now be autosaved every other minute so you'll never lose your data.
- New Settings: Trail Tracker 3.0 has lots of new settings that you can use to refine your experience with Trail Tracker.
- Real-Time Elevation While Tracking: This highly requested feature has been added in Trail Tracker 3.0.
- Battery Saver: Trade off a small bit of accuracy for a boost in battery life!
- UI Improvements: Trail Tracker 3.0 has seen some major renovations in the interface department, and we hope you like them!
- Reverse Tracing: You can now trace trails in reverse, so Trail Tracker can guide you from the finish point of a trail back to the start point.
- Map Waypoints (With Images!): Trail Tracker now supports the adding of waypoints during a trail, with optional pictures from your trip!
- New Sharing Features: Map Sharing in Trail Tracker has been completely re-designed, so you can save images of your map far more easily and quickly than ever before, as well as position them exactly as you desire before sharing them.
- Notes: Maps in Trail Tracker now have Notes, so you can add whatever extra information to them that you want.
- iSpeech Speed Control: You can now increase the speed at which iSpeech speaks.
Trail Tracker GPS
Apps Gone Free (Best Daily Top App Deals)
WeatherBug forecasts, radar & alerts
Earth Networks, Inc.