Barnes & Noble Launches Nook Video App For iOS
August 19, 2013
Barnes & Noble has finally debuted its official Nook Video app for iOS. I say "finally" because the release of said app comes nearly a year after the Nook Video service was launched along with the Nook HD and Nook HD+ tablet e-reader and media players. Well, as I always say in spite of unmet expectations, better late than never. Competing against Amazon Instant Video and, of course, Apple's iTunes, the Nook Video app lets you watch movies and TV shows from Nook Video right on your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad. The app comes with the following key features:
Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 5.0 or later, Nook Video is available now in the App Store for free. Of course, Nook for iOS remains available in the App Store for reading books, magazines, newspapers, and comics purchased from the Nook Store. In addition to iOS, Barnes & Noble has launched its Nook Video app for Android devices and Roku streaming players. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Thousands of movies and TV shows available—ad free—to stream or download.
- Stream over Wi-Fi or your 3G/4G network.
- Get the hottest Hollywood releases the same day they’re released on DVD and Blu-ray Disc™ and in some cases even earlier!
- Rent or buy movies and TV shows in standard or high definition.
- Take advantage of our NOOK Video apps for other platforms - and sync your videos across multiple devices.
- Access your UltraViolet™ Collection of movies and TV shows to stream instantly, or download for offline viewing.
- Start streaming your content on one device and pick up where you left off on your NOOK HD, HD+ and other NOOK Video apps. Miss something? Use the 30-second quick rewind.
Barnes & Noble
Barnes & Noble
Amazon Instant Video
AMZN Mobile LLC