by Joe White
September 19, 2013
Riddick: The Merc Files is now available to download in the App Store, allowing fans of "The Chronicles of Riddick" film series to further immerse themselves in the fictional world of our favorite on-screen antihero. In the app, gamers take control of Riddick, and must avoid - and, in most cases, hunt down - the scores of mercenaries set to cross the character's path. "Be Riddick - the iconic antihero - and avoid the bounty hunters that tracked you down across the stars. Escape them, trick them, or eliminate them; you choose your own path in this touch-based stealth action game," the application's developer, Gaming Corps, explains. Features of Riddick: The Merc Files include:
Gaming Corps continues:
- Situation-based game play: complete the objectives in your own way
- New content released regularly
- Upload your gameplay video in-game and share it with your friends
- Optimized controls- developed specifically for the mobile format
Finally, the developer asks: "You're not afraid of the dark, are you?" Let's hope not! Riddick: The Merc Files can be downloaded in the App Store for $2.99, and is optimized for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. In the meantime, see: First Magic 2014 Expansion Adds New Decks, New Campaign Levels And More, Gesture-Based Email Apps Triage And Dispatch Now Optimized For iOS 7, and Photo Editor By Aviary 3.0 Is A Picture-Perfect Update For iOS 7.
- STAY IN THE SHADOWS OR FIGHT YOUR WAY THROUGH: Complete your objectives by staying hidden, or take out your enemies using stealth, melee counter-attacks or using firearms.
- MOBILE GAMEPLAY: A mobile game made for mobile devices. Use only two fingers on one hand and experience gameplay with both depth and accessibility.
- NEW CONTENT RELEASED REGULARLY: Packages with new levels and features will be released on a regular basis. All new features will expand gameplay possibilities and keep the game fresh