by Joe White
October 3, 2013
Get ready for a huge dose of nostalgia: Chris Sawyer's popular Transport Tycoon PC game has just launched in a touch engineered iOS app, also called Transport Tycoon, which can be downloaded now in the App Store for $6.99 and is optimized for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. The game, which has been rebuilt from the ground up for iOS, allows users to "build the ultimate transport empire," according to developer 31x Limited. "Take control of your own fledgling transport company, and use your engineering skill and business acumen to keep cargo and passengers moving - and keep the money rolling in!," the application's release notes charge prospective gamers. Well, are you up to the challenge? 31x Limited continues:
Transport Tycoon contains everything that made the original PC game an all-time classic, plus a whole host of brilliant new features - bigger, richer worlds, deeper simulation and a huge variety of land, sea and air vehicles. The intuitive new touch screen interface makes it easier than ever to build and maintain your transport network. Whether you're planning and constructing ambitious engineering projects, or simply exploring the intricately simulated workings of the game's world, Transport Tycoon is your ticket to many hours of absorbing and rewarding entertainment.Chris Sawyer, the original creator of Transport Tycoon for the PC, oversaw the development of the game's iOS counterpart, and as such iDevice owners are promised a faithful port of the classic transport management PC game. Features of Transport Tycoon for iOS (which are aplenty) include:
As mentioned, Transport Tycoon can be downloaded in the App Store for $6.99, and is optimized for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Check out the new application now, or for more of our recent news, see: Apple Has Been Sent To The Principal's Office Over An iOS 7 Snafu, Apple Remains Silent On New iPads, Public Launch Of OS X Mavericks And More, and AgileBits Launches 1Password 4 For Mac, Rebuilds The App From The Ground Up.
- Deploy bus and tram networks to grow sleepy towns into bustling cities.
- Lay cross-country railroads to keep industries supplied with precious resources.
- Construct massive bridges, dig tunnels and deploy earth-moving tools to carve a path through mountainous terrain.
- Build air and sea ports to transport cargo and passengers further and faster in an accelerating world.
- A wide range of beautiful landscapes including deserts, forests, mountains, valleys and islands.
- Several ‘real-world’ scenarios modelled on regions of North America and Europe at different periods in the 20th century.
- A richly simulated world with changing seasons and working industries, farms and towns.
- An all-new interface puts everything you need to explore and interact with the world at your fingertips.
- Over 150 vehicle types allowing you to choose the ideal transport solution for every situation.
- Use railway junctions and signals to allow multiple trains to share your rail routes.
- Modify vehicles and stations and assign new routes to adapt your business in real time.
- Upgrade and replace old vehicles as new and better ones are invented – all the way to supersonic jets and bullet trains!
- Play through 49 scenarios expertly designed to suit all skill levels and playing styles.
- Try to stay one step ahead of advanced A.I.-driven competitor's companies.
- Track your progress and troubleshoot your business with in-depth company statistics.
- Prove yourself worthy of the title of Transport Tycoon and take on the life-consuming 100 Year Challenges!