October 3, 2013
Are you ready, kids? SpongeBob Moves In has just received its first major update. And this new update happens to be "Rated S for Scary" as it's none other than the game's timely Halloween update. Developed by Kung Fu Factory and published by Nickelodeon, SpongeBob Moves In is a simulation game that has you building your very own Bikini Bottom with different characters, buildings, and accessories. And following the latest update to SpongeBob Moves In, you might want to watch out for the gobs of ghosts that have invaded Bikini Bottom. As it turns out, these ghastly guests are but hungry. So, better help SpongeBob as he serves them the Rusty on Rye sandwich and other dastardly dishes from Rusty's Rib Eye restaurant. If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. SpongeBob Moves In's Halloween update also delivers the following tricks and treats:
The new spooky version of SpongeBob Moves In is available now in the App Store for $3.99. The game is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 4.3 or later. Incidentally, The Simpsons: Tapped Out, the popular freemium simulation game based on the long-running animated sitcom, received its Halloween update yesterday, complete with ghosts, gremlins, and other ghostly goodies. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- New Characters - Move in Rusty Rickets, Old Man Jenkins, and Slasher McGee to roam through your town.
- New Buildings - Place Rusty's Rib Eye to make 7 new spooky recipes. Build the Barg'N-Mart to unlock special discount items including all new special ingredients for the Halloween recipes. Get in the spirit by adding the Psychic's Tent and Haunted House to your collection.
- New Decorations – Feed ghosts and earn Ectoplasm to unlock spine-tingling limited time items like the giant Jack o’ Lantern, Skull Rock, and the Sunken Skelly Ship. Design your own haunted Bikini Bottom with Gravestones, a Scarecrow, Coffins, Scary Trees, and more.
- Haunted Bayou Package - Perform quests to get 7 Halloween themed buildings and props like the Haunted Outhouse, Broken-down Airboat, Spooky Gas Lamps, and a Submerged Wagon Wheel.
- New Recipes - Grill up the ghosts' all time favorite, the Rusty on Rye, and serve it with a side of Splintered Slaw.