The official iOS companion app of the popular Lytro light-field camera has just been updated to let you experience so-called "living pictures" in 3-D.
Thanks to its new update, Lytro for iOS now supports 3-D viewing and sharing of living pictures that have been processed for Perspective Shift.
What's more, Lytro now lets you show off your 3-D living pictures on your TV using Presentation Mode via AV adapter or AirPlay, which has just been integrated in the app.
Here's the full changelog for the latest update to Lytro for iOS:
- Airplay support: View and interact with living pictures on your 3D TV via AirPlay
- 3D Perspective Shift: Interact with Perspective Shift while in Side-by-Side 3D mode (Anaglyph not supported)
- Presentation Mode: enjoy living pictures in full screen mode using an AV Adapter or AirPlay on your TV.
- More 3D Export Picture Options: Export your 3D pictures in Anaglyph 3D (blue/red) or Side by Side.
- And of course... Performance and bug fixes.
The new version of Lytro is available now in the App Store for free. The app is optimized for iPhone and iPod touch running iOS 6.1 or later.
Of course, the app requires a Lytro camera, which is available to purchase from the official Lytro online store starting at $399. It's also available through authorized resellers.
And as of yesterday, those authorized resellers include Apple, whose online stores now offer the Lytro camera in Cobalt Blue (an Apple Online Store exclusive) and Limited Edition Champagne.[gallery link="file" order="DESC"]