To our surprise, evad3rs released an iOS 7-compatible jailbreak solution in time for Christmas, providing iDevice users with a means of jailbreaking their iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch under iOS 7. The only problem? Well, besides the presence of a Chinese-language piracy application store (and subsequent privacy concerns), a significant number of jailbreak tweaks aren’t compatible with iOS 7. But some are.
The folks at iDownloadBlog have published a crowd-sourced list of jailbreak tweaks compatible with the evasi0n7-powered iOS 7 jailbreak, along with a list of tweaks which “sort of work.” If you’ve been unsure whether jailbreaking would be the right course of action at this precise moment in time, the below list could help sway your opinion.
Jailbreak tweaks known to work with iOS 7 include:
- FireWall iP
- Icon Renamer
- ShakeToUndo Killer
- Signal 2
- Signal Booster
- Software Update Killer
Plus, iDownloadBlog also explains that certain tweaks indeed install, but are plagued with minor problems:
- Abstergo: installs, but then does nothing
- Activator (beta): some things work, but gives a frequent error message
- BytaFont7: you have to move the .app folder to the correct location, some have gotten it to work
- Iconoclasm7: only one icon set works
- Infiniboard: installs, but doesn’t do anything
- SBSettings: missing some components, must install manually
- Winterboard: it installs, but won’t install themes.
- iFile: installs but registration fails
However, it’s bad news for A7-powered iDevice owners. Because evad3rs seemed to keep Jay Freeman (@saurik) in the dark concerning this release, Cydia’s mobile substrate is incompatible with the iPhone 5s, iPad Air, and iPad mini with Retina display. Though the Cydia app installs, jailbreak tweaks aren’t going to run on these newer iDevices. Here’s hoping an update to Cydia fixes this problem soon.
For more information on the iOS 7 jailbreak, including a video tutorial, be sure to check out our dedicated article.
See also: Look What’s Talking: Read-Aloud Voice-Controlled Email App Talkler Gets Major Update, Rooms Of Memory Hidden Object Game Updated With Universal Support For iPhone, and Collect Photo App Celebrates First Anniversary By Going 2.0 With iOS 7 Design Refresh.