Osfoora 2 is actually the iOS 7 revision of the original Osfoora app. And like a number of iOS 7 revisions of other apps, it's made available as a brand new paid download, not as a free update to the previous version.
Completely redesigned and optimized for iOS 7, Osfoora 2 offers a fast and elegant Twitter experience with the following key features:
- Streaming support when on WiFi.
- Background Refresh. Fetches your tweets while Osfoora is inactive.
- Local Notifications.
- Send links via SMS within Osfoora.
- Gap detection in timeline and mentions.
- Bookmarking with Safari Reading List, Pocket, and Instapaper.
- Mobilizer support via Google, Instapaper, and Readability.
- Native retweet, and Retweet with Comment.
- Sync your timeline between different clients with Tweet marker.
- Inline image previews.
- Multiple Drafts support. Acess drafts via long pressing the compose button.
- Tweet what you're listening to (Music.app only), or choose from your library.
- Upload photos to Twitter, img.ly, Mobypicture, TwitPic, and CloudApp.
- Upload Videos to Mobypicture, TwitPic, and CloudApp.
- Add location to your tweets.
- Mute users and hashtags.
- Multiple account support.
- Pull to Refresh.
- Open links in Safari or Chrome.
- Conversation view. Shows replies too.
- Threaded direct messages.
- Various avatar styles: circle, rounded corners, and square.
- View users on Favstar.
Check back later here on AppAdvice for our full review of Osfoora 2. In the meantime, you can already download Osfoora 2 in the App Store for $2.99. It's optimized for iPhone and iPod touch running iOS 7.0 or later.
Note that the original Osfoora app is no longer available.