December 12, 2013
Nearly a decade after its launch on game consoles, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas has finally broke into mobile devices with its highly anticipated release on iOS. Part of the popular open world action adventure video game series published by Rockstar Games, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is the sequel to Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. The game — which is set in the titular semi-fictional state and covers the cities of Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas — follows the story of a gang member who returns home to Los Santos in the aftermath of his mother's murder. Said to be Rockstar Games' biggest mobile port yet, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas boasts a number of features that are optimized for the iOS platform, including enhanced visuals and iOS 7 game controller support:
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is available now worldwide in the App Store for $6.99. It's optimized for play on iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, fifth-generation iPod touch, iPad 2, third-generation iPad, fourth-generation iPad, iPad Air, iPad mini, and iPad mini with Retina display. Also available on iOS are Grand Theft Auto III, released a couple of years back, and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, released a year ago.
- Remastered, high-resolution graphics built specifically for mobile including lighting enhancements, an enriched color palette and improved character models.
- Enhanced for the iPhone 5 series and iPad 4th Gen and above with dynamic detailed shadows and real-time environmental reflections.
- Physical controller support for all Made-for-iOS controllers.
- Cloud save support for playing across all your iOS devices for Rockstar Social Club Members.
- Dual analog stick controls for full camera and movement control.
- Three different control schemes and customizable controls with contextual options to display buttons only when you need them.
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Grand Theft Auto III
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City