December 24, 2013
Even as it's the holiday season, Square Enix appears to be quite busy with its upcoming iOS releases. A while back, the game developer-publisher extraordinaire unveiled the first trailer for its much-awaited mobile port of Final Fantasy VI. Now, here comes news that it has just soft-launched a new iOS game based on Tomb Raider. The new game in question is called Lara Croft: Reflections. But as noted by Pocket Gamer, it's not an action-adventure game like the majority of titles in the Tomb Raider franchise. Rather, it's a card battle game, and a free-to-play one at that. In Lara Croft: Reflections, you play as the titular archeologist-adventuress as she fight enemies and scours mysterious worlds in search of valuable artifacts. The game boasts the following features:
Lara Croft: Reflections is currently in soft launch in the New Zealand and Australian App Stores. It's scheduled for worldwide release early next year. In the meantime, you can play the original Tomb Raider game on your iOS device with Tomb Raider I, which was released by Square Enix last week. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- CHALLENGING QUESTS: Explore mysterious lands and battle powerful foes!
- INTENSE CARD BATTLES: Collect powerful weapons to attack enemies and other players in massive real time PvP card battle combat!
- WEAPON CARD EVOLUTION: Collect and combine weapon cards to level up and evolve new powerful weapon cards!
- STEAL ARTIFACTS: Steal artifacts from other players and protect your artifacts!
- LIVE BOSS BATTLE EVENTS: Participate in group battles to defeat powerful event bosses for massive rewards!