December 15, 2013
Tangled FX, the acclaimed photo-editing app that makes tangled strokes, strings and swirls pop out, has just gone 2.0 for iOS 7. Tangled FX 2.0 introduces a new iOS 7-inspired design that's accentuated by a semitransparent interface with a blurred background effect. What's more, the app's blurred background changes to match the look and feel of the photo being edited. But if you don't want the background to change every time you open a new photo, you can just lock it to show a static background to your liking. And as a bonus, you can set a background you really like as your device's wallpaper. [caption id="attachment_497396" align="aligncenter" width="320"] Tangled FX[/caption] Tangled FX 2.0 also comes with the following UI tweaks:
Also featuring a new app icon, Tangled FX 2.0 is available now in the App Store as a free update or as a new $1.99 download. The app is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 5.0 or later. For more information on Tangled FX, check out our original article on the app, which was posted several weeks after its launch in the App Store last February. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- More space when working in one-line mode. Not only the presets bar hides but also the top toolbar.
- A custom preset does not disappear when clicking away to another preset. So now you can quickly compare it with other presets.
- All the sliders now have a "-" and "+" button on each side so you can easily do small changes.
- A new "original" preset added as the first preset so you can see the before and after. You can also pin down the "original" button so it doesn't hide when scrolling to other presets.
- The cancel button was moved to the bottom to be closer to the thumb. Also it stays visible when going to fullscreen.
- You can swipe down the fine tune settings to hide it skipping the one-line mode.