You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
| December 19, 2013
Tick To-Do App Updated With Reminders Sync, iCloud Support And Other Features
The well-designed customizable to-do app Tick has just received another major update. Tick was released last October and was subsequently reviewed here on AppAdvice as a recommended app for users who prefer a more visual approach to to-do apps. It became even more highly recommended when it received its first update less than two weeks after its launch. And now, Tick has just become far better with the arrival of its second update, which adds support for reminders, including recurring ones, and due dates for to-dos. The new Tick update also enables syncing with iCloud and the Reminders app. As a result, any items you add or any changes you make to Reminders, whether on iOS or Mac, are automatically synced with Tick. Another welcome development brought about by Tick's newly added Reminders support is Siri integration. Now, you can easily add to-dos to your Tick lists using voice commands for Siri, e.g. "Add milk to my shopping list." If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. The new version of Tick also features background fetching, URL scheme support, and the following enhancements:
The new version of Tick is available now in the App Store as a free update or as a new $1.99 download. The app is optimized for iPhone and iPod touch running iOS 7.0 or later. Tick is created by Taphive, the same developer behind a couple of similarly well-designed apps: TodoMovies, a popular to-do app for movies, and Blur Studio, an app designed for blurring photos to turn them into iOS 7-style wallpapers. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- NEW: Font customization. Head to the settings for a great selection of fonts to choose from.
- NEW: Move a to-do from one list to another.
- NEW: Option to display list name under the icon.
- NEW: Vibration. Can be turned on from Tick's settings.
- NEW: App Icon badge can be set to show all to-dos, only overdue to-dos, or today and overdue to-dos.
- NEW: Japanese localization.
- BETTER: Much improved color selection from color picker in day mode (no more auto-color adjusting).
- BETTER: Contents of the list will now appear in the email when sharing via email.
- BETTER: UI Animations.
- BETTER: Improved Settings.