January 30, 2014
Fancred, the official iOS app of the popular sports social network of the same name, has just received another update. Most notably, the latest update to the app introduces Fancred Feeds, which are team-, sport-, and event-specific feeds that contain posts from other Fancred members. You can also contribute to feeds by using tags on your posts. And you can quickly access feeds using the app's search option or menu. Fancred Feeds include NASCAR, golf, tennis, UFC, rugby, and, of course, Winter Olympics. Speaking of which, Yahoo has just updated Yahoo Sports for iOS with a new section dedicated to the upcoming Sochi games. Also, Google has updated Google Search for iOS with a new Google Now card for the same. Back to Fancred: its latest update also adds new animations, a new FAQ section, and the following improvements:
The new version of Fancred is available now in the App Store for free. The app is optimized for iPhone and iPod touch running iOS 6.0 or later. See also: AppAdvice's Apps For The Sports Fan AppList and Sports News AppGuide
- Feed me, Seymour: More easily access your favorite Feeds, in addition to the most recent feeds you have visited and tagged.
- Tweaked, never twerked: Team feed navigation has been tweaked to allow you to more easily toggled between "Everyone" and "Following" during big events.
- You've got mail: Improved the email presentation of posts with line breaks. They're much easier to read for the folks who will be receiving them.
- What goes up must come down: The Vote List for posts which receive 7 or more up/down-votes will now better display the list of those who have provided their take.
- It's all Greek to me: Tiny update to Facebook SDK. Fix APN’s deep linking even when app isn’t launched.
Fancred - Connect With Fans, Get Sports News and Opinion, and Make Gameday Everyday