February 5, 2014
Remember Battletoads, the popular 1991 NES beat 'em up game? Well, it's back on iOS, sort of, in the form of Toad Rider. As we noted in our previous article, rather than an outright port of the classic game, Toad Rider is more of an adaptation of one of Battletoads most difficult levels:
Gamers from the early ‘90s may remember that in Battletoads, the game’s usual beat ‘em up mode of gameplay was interspersed with special levels in which players had to take on a different kind of challenge. Battletoads’ third level, Turbo Tunnel, was one such example, and [...] this forms the basis of the famous toads’ App Store debut.Essentially, Toad Rider is an endless runner where you have to help the titular amphibian ride a jet and dodge different obstacles from different directions along the way. If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. Toad Rider challenges you to:
Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 4.3 or later, Toad Rider is available now in the App Store for $0.99. For more notable endless runners, check out AppAdvice's Endless Running Games AppGuide. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Move swiftly with your hoverbike around tricky obstacles.
- Take down evil scientists before they shoot you!
- Dash into glass walls to survive.
- Perform cool, amazing stunts.
- Experience awesome dynamic lanes.
- Pimp your jet. Pimp your toad.
- Compete with your friends on Game Center and Facebook!