February 25, 2014
GoodGuide has just been updated to version 7.0 for iOS 7. GoodGuide is a product database app that helps you determine whether the products you're shopping for are safe, healthy, and green and are manufactured by socially responsible companies. It lets you search, scan, and browse for more than 200,000 products available in the U.S. to discover their science-based health, environment, and social ratings. Released back in 2008, GoodGuide has just gone 7.0 for iOS 7, in its first update in over a year. Unsurprisingly, GoodGuide 7.0 introduces a new and streamlined design that matches the flat and simple visual style of iOS 7. GoodGuide 7.0 also offers quicker and easier access to product information:
Optimized for iPhone and iPod touch running iOS 7.0 or later, GoodGuide 7.0 is available now in the App Store for free. GoodGuide is featured in AppAdvice's Green Apps For iPhone, Go Green And Save Green, and Apps For Earth Day AppLists. See also: Buycott 2.0 Helps You Boycott Companies That Don't Align With Your Principles and Barcode Scanning Apps For iOS AppGuide. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- A fresh look and feel designed for iOS 7.
- New search results not only show relevant products, but also any related brands and product categories too.
- Improved barcode reader lets you scan multiple products in a row and swipe to compare ratings on the same screen.
- A simpler home screen and new drop-down navigation give you quick access to search, scan, and product categories from anywhere in the app.
- New filter and sort options help you find products that meet your personal criteria.