The update lets you add subtask and checklist items by swiping on an existing parent task, and it lets you tap on the location row to view the map for an event or task. It also brings a redesigned password protection feature and adds a setting to disable conflict-checking.
In addition, the update adds support for meeting invitations for Pocket Informant events (iOS events currently not supported). It also adds support for moving all calendar events from one calendar to another.
And if you need help with Pocket Informant, you can now look up existing cases for possible solutions when creating a support request via the Feedback tab.
The new version of Pocket Informant also includes the following improvements:
- Various issues with the Premium upgrade/detection process
- Startup performance improvements (especially for calendars with a lot of recurring events)
- Fixed an issue where duplicating an iOS event could sometimes result in triplicates
- Fixed an issue where in specific circumstances, loading iOS calendar events could get stuck
- Smart Filters ignore checklist items
- Multi-task editor more intelligently handles changes to projects and sync accounts
- Improvements to Google Calendar sync performance, subscribed calendars, meeting invitations, de-selecting calendars to sync, and other support-related issues
- Toodledo sync no longer stops when encountering a “With Parent” recurrence
- Improvements to ICS Export/import
- Calendar Printing handles subtasks better
- Working with recurring zero-duration iOS events is better
- Improved compatibility with a future iOS release
- Rich Text Notes UI auto-scrolls
- Month and Week Views text drawing handles carriage returns and note colors better
- Apply a template now saves the original note
- ETA is now removed when you delete the event it belongs to
- Location Map fixes some issues regarding bad data where lat/long is reversed
- Better reliability for Quick Entry two finger swipe
- Location no longer pulses blue if live location search is turned off
- Other minor bug fixes
The new version of Pocket Informant is available now in the App Store for free. The app is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 7.0 or later.
In case you haven't gotten the memo, Pocket Informant Pro became Pocket Informant last month when it went freemium, as opposed to being a paid app priced at up to $14.99. As a result, its $3.99 lite edition, Pocket Informant Go, was discontinued by Web Information Solutions.
Pocket Informant offers a one-time $14.99 in-app purchase to unlock all of its features. If you already purchased Pocket Informant Pro or the Pro upgrade in Pocket Informant Go, in most cases this will be detected and you will be automatically upgraded into Pocket Informant's Premium mode. If you already purchased Pocket Informant Go but did not purchase its Pro upgrade, this will also be detected and you will be upgraded into a special Go mode of Pocket Informant.
You can find out for sure if you are in Premium or Go mode by looking at the new label in the version number in the app's settings menu.
Pocket Informant, formerly Pocket Informant Pro, is featured as a “notable app” in AppAdvice’s Best Calendar Apps AppGuide and as an “essential app” in AppAdvice’s Best iPad Task Management Apps AppGuide.