February 4, 2014
Not a fan of Reeder? Then check out Unread, which has just been released in the App Store. Created by Riposte and Whisper co-developer Jared Sinclair aka Nice Boy, Unread is a new app that promises to be the best RSS app for iPhone. Primarily, it offers a full-screen comfortable reading experience for going through the unread items in your Feedly, FeedWrangler, or Feedbin account. Unread also makes it easy to share articles to various services, thanks to its integration with OvershareKit, an open-source sharing library for iOS developed by Sinclair right within the app. Unread also features the following:
Optimized for iPhone and iPod touch running iOS 7.0 or later, Unread is available now in the App Store for the special introductory price of $2.99. Stay tuned to AppAdvice to read our full review of Unread. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- BACKGROUND REFRESH • Unread keeps your subscriptions up to date with power-efficient background updating.
- QUICK ACCESS • Double tap an article summary to instantly toggle read/unread status. Press and hold to show a menu of options.
- LINKED-LISTS • If an article is a linked-list article, like those written by John Gruber at Daring Fireball, the article summary shows the domain name of the linked item’s site.
- BIG THUMBNAILS • Turn on the optional inline thumbnails to see big previews of article images while you scroll.
- FOOTNOTE POPOVERS • Articles with properly-formatted footnotes will show convenient popovers when you need to read a footnote.
- PERSISTENT WEB BROWSER • Instead of a transient browser that disappears as soon as it goes offscreen, Unread’s web browser stays around.
- VOICE OVER & ACCESSIBILITY • Unread has 100-percent VoiceOver coverage.
Unread – An RSS Reader
Nice Boy LLC
Riposte for App.net
Whisper for App.net