March 22, 2014
The already excellent Citymapper — the popular transit app for New York City, London, Paris, and Berlin — has just become even better with its 4.0 update. Most importantly, Citymapper 4.0 adds support for account creation and login. To be sure, an account is completely optional, as you can still use the app without one. But using an account with Citymapper does offer the advantage of having your data saved and synced across multiple devices and supported platforms, including iOS, Android, and the Web. Note that Citymapper currently implements login via Google and Facebook, with email support to come if user feedback demands. Citymapper 4.0 also features enhancements to the home screen, including line status, nearest favorite stops, and top saved places. The newly updated app also features the following improvements, according to the Citymapper team:
Optimized for iPhone and iPod touch running iOS 6.0 or later, Citymapper 4.0 is available now in the App Store for free. See also: Apps For The Public Transit User. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- A redesigned home screen with bigger subway / metro map.
- The (top right) info/settings page is now prettier. Yum Yum.
- A better header navigation system for all the nearby stops and departures (try pressing the triple dots)
- ‘Find a bus’ is now on the bus page. Which makes sense now that you think about it.
- Probably even other amazing things we can’t remember right now and this is really way too long to read
Citymapper - New York, London, Paris, Berlin - the Ultimate Transit App