March 20, 2014
At long last, The Collectables has gone global. The Collectables is the highly anticipated free-to-play mobile shooter developed by Far Cry and Crysis creator Crytek and published by DeNa. We first told you about the game last December, before it was soft-launched in Australia and New Zealand in February. Then, last week, it was reported that it would be released worldwide this week. Well, the time has finally come: The Collectables is now downloadable in the App Store, worldwide. The Collectables challenges you to command a squad of soldiers and strategize their every combative move. Notably, the game employs a collectable card system for unlocking new soldiers and skills. If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here. The Collectables features the following:
Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad running iOS 6.0 or later, The Collectables is officially available now in the App Store for free. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- CUTTING-EDGE GRAPHICS. Discover the true power of your mobile device with groundbreaking 3D visuals that capture the intensity of battle.
- EXPLOSIVE BATTLES. Fight your way through hordes of different enemy types – from standard grunts to powerful bosses – using intuitive controls to dominate the battlefield.
- UPGRADE YOUR TROOPS. Before you head into battle, optimize your soldiers and skills using a collecting card system that unlocks stacks of new ways to obliterate the Enemy.
- DEVASTATING SPECIAL ABILITIES. Use special action cards that expand your arsenal of destruction – Sentry guns, Molotov cocktails, Artillery strikes, and Adrenalin boosts are yours to command.
- REWARDING GAMEPLAY. Earn rewards that give you a leg up on the competition as you advance and upgrade your troops into an unstoppable wrecking crew.