March 11, 2014
Yahoo Search, one third of the triumvirate of popular search engine apps in the App Store (along with Google Search and Bing), has finally been updated for iOS 7. Yahoo has indeed just issued an update to its official search app for iOS that gives the app a major design overhaul. Of course, the app's new design is, in line with the visual style of iOS 7, simpler and flatter than its previous look, which remained largely unchanged since its release in the App Store four years ago. According to Yahoo, the app's "new minimalist design puts the focus on your results so you can get the information you need in a snap." It lets you:
Also including SSL support for improved security, the new version of Yahoo Search is available now in the App Store for free. Note that the app still hasn't been updated with universal support; it's optimized for iPhone and iPod touch running iOS 6.1 or later. See also: Yahoo News Digest Updated With New Information 'Atoms' And Other Improvements, Yahoo Fantasy Sports: One App To Bring Them All And In The Playoffs Bind Them, and Yahoo Acquires Wander But Startup's Popular Days Diary App Will Live On. [gallery link="file" order="DESC"]
- Get instant suggestions as you type with Search Assist.
- Go hands-free with Voice search.
- Find local results faster with combined map and list view (US only).
- Swipe right to toggle between web, image, and video results.
- Clear your search history and set Safe Search preferences in Settings.
- Refine your query by tapping the arrows next to keyword suggestions.
Bing Search – trends, images, news, weather, and more from the web