Last February, it was reported that the award-winning roguelike-like space simulation game FTL: Faster Than Light would be launched on iOS through a dedicated port. Well, that port has just arrived in the App Store.
That's right: the game is now available on iOS. Specifically, it comes to iOS in the form of FTL: Faster Than Light for iPad. Notably, FTL for iPad includes a free expansion called FTL: Advanced Edition, which adds new ships, enemies, events, weapons, and more.If you can't see the video embedded above, please click here.
Stay tuned to AppAdvice for our full review of FTL for iPad. In the meantime, check out the game's key features below:
- Give orders to your crew, manage ship power distribution and choose weapon targets in the heat of battle.
- Pause the game mid-combat to evaluate your strategy and give orders.
- Upgrade your ship and unlock new ones with the help of seven diverse alien races.
- Hundreds of text based encounters will force you to make tough decisions.
- Each play-through will feature different enemies, events, and results to your decisions. No two play-throughs will be quite the same.
- Permadeath means when you die, there's no coming back. The constant threat of defeat adds importance and tension to every action.
FTL: Faster Than Light is available now in the App Store for $9.99. It's compatible with iPad 2, third-generation iPad, fourth-generation iPad, iPad Air, iPad mini, and iPad mini with Retina display.[gallery link="file" order="DESC"]