DuckDuckGo, the search engine that's touted as a more privacy-respecting alternative to Google, has just issued a significant update to its official iOS app, DuckDuckGo Search & Stories.
Most noticeably, the updated app features a new design that matches the style of iOS 7 as well as that of the new version of DuckDuckGo itself, which was introduced just last week.
On top of its new design, the new version of DuckDuckGo Search & Stories includes the following enhancements:
- Images & Videos - now always available. View them without leaving the page.
- Find Places - a better place to start your search for restaurants, or anywhere else you might decide to go.
- More Meanings - when searching ambiguous terms, getting the meaning you want can be difficult. Not anymore.
- Recipe Search - a great place to start your next meal.
- Smarter Answers - answers to your questions from the best sources, developed by our open source community.
As its name suggests, the app presents stories as well as search results. And now, the number of the app's sources of trending stories have increased by two with the inclusion of Vox and FiveThirtyEight.
See also: Google Updates Chrome For iOS With More Omnibox And Search Enhancements, Yahoo Updates Official Search App With New Minimalist iOS 7-Inspired Design, and Bing For The iPhone Update Brings Multiple Search Management And More.[gallery]