The popular Badland, an Apple design award-winner and long-time AppAdvice favorite, has received a big update adding a four-player co-op mode, new levels, and additional achievements to the $3.99 application.
You can find the updated Badland on the App Store now, and as before it’s optimized for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Badland’s 15th iOS update indeed adds a long-anticipated multiplayer mode to the application: as mentioned, up to four gamers can play using the same iOS device, either with touch controls or MFi (Made for iPhone) gamepads.
Multiplayer can be accessed for 40 modified “DAY I” levels in the app, and support for additional levels is expected to appear further down the line.
However, that’s not all. Because developer Frogmind has also added 120 brand new missions to Badland, including seven additional Game Center achievements. Plus, a selection of performance improvements and bug fixes have also been applied as of Badland 2.1.
Over in the app’s release notes, Frogmind provides iOS gamers with an overview of the application’s recent changes:
- Survive all the 40 modified DAY I levels together with your friends!
- Supports up to four players playing with the same device either with touches or controllers
- Includes 120 new missions and 7 new achievements
- Improvement: Select random levels easily in the multiplayer mode
- Improvement: Result screen now shows the level name in replay
- Bug fix: “CLONETRON” Hit nothing mission works now
- Improvements to the level “ACCELERATOR”
If you already own Badland, the most recent update can be downloaded free of charge on the App Store. Otherwise, the application will set gamers back $3.99.
See also: Apple’s Beats Acquisition May Not Be Finalized Until Next Week, Ahead Of Apple’s Bigger, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6, One-Third Of All Smartphones Are Phablets, and Facebook Update Allows Users To Create Posts Offline.[gallery]